ALDINE FAMILY HOPE CENTER
- Toner – for Brother TN-450 printer. Need ASAP.
- Portfolio folders – for E2E students to use for portfolio project. Need by April 13, 2015
- Prom Dresses – & accessories for teen girls. Need by April 13, 2015
- Box Fans – (6) for the Afterschool & Empower to Employ programs. Hard to keep cool in certain areas.
- Cupcakes – (400) for our 25th anniversary celebration. Need by April 25th.
- Balloons – (200) with printed company logo – Need by April 23rd.
- Water Bottles – (400) for our 25th anniversary celebration. Need by April 25th.
- Portable Stage – at least 12×12 for our 25th anniversary program (held outside). Need by April 23rd.
- Running Board – for 2010 Ford 15-Passenger van to help our kids, clients and staff enter and exit safely. Need ASAP
- Vinyl Banner – 16×16 for Resale Shop – to identify our resale facility from the street. Need ASAP.
- Commercial Weed Eater – To keep flowerbeds and grounds maintained. Need ASAP.
- Tournament Chess Sets – (2) for Youth Chess Club. Need ASAP.
- Chef Hats & Aprons – (25) for Youth World Culture cooking classes. Need ASAP.
- Art Supplies – (60) Water colors and paper, sketching pencils and paper for our Youth Art Club. Need ASAP.
- Anger Management/Conflict Resolution – Guest Speaker for teens on April 22, 2015 from 4:30pm-5:30pm
- Choosing the Right Career for You – Guest Speaker for teens on May 12, 2015 from 4:30pm-5:30pm
- Piano Tuner – to tune our afterschool program piano for students piano lessons.
- Gardening – replanting season vegetables and herbs in our 40×20 food garden, as well as make-over for our flowerbeds.
- Male Mentor – Adult to meet once a week from 1-2 hours to work 1-on-1 with teen male in building relationship; offering guidance, playing sports, etc.
- Photographer – to take pictures at our 25th anniversary kickoff event on April 25th from 11am-2pm
- $5 Gift Cards – 10-20 cards for our Teen Enrichment Academy – to various restaurants. Gift cards are used as incentives to reward our teens for class participation, team building exercises and attendance. Need ASAP.
- Small Trophies – for our three Youth Clubs: Chess Club, World Culture Club & Art Club
BUCKNER CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES
- Booster Seats – (5) Booster Seats for children of Family Place clients who are transporting to Family Place Camp in March. Needed ASAP.
- Vacuum cleaners – (3) needed for Family Place moms
- Gardening at Conroe office property. Planting flowers, maintaining flowers beds, etc. This opportunity is appropriate for individuals or groups and the time/date is flexible. – Conroe
- Child Care for Foster Parent training. Interested volunteers who are willing to engage children in fun activities are encouraged to apply! This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity. The trainings we provide for prospective foster parents for which we need childcare are required training in order for families to complete the process of becoming licensed foster homes and for maintaining their license. These trainings typically take place on Saturdays or weekday evenings. Background checks would be required, but would be paid for by Buckner.
- Photographer to come on site and take professional head shots of each employee. These photos would be used internally and in Buckner sponsored social networking sites, website, or for media stories.
- Gasoline gift cards for Family Place families. All of our residents provide their own transportation and the cost of gasoline is sometimes a hardship for them.
- Paper products and cleaning supplies for Family Place families. This includes paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, baby wipes, all purpose cleaners, laundry detergent, etc.
CARE NET PREGNANCY CENTER
- Maternity Clothes – New/Gently Worn – All sizes.
- New Baby Items – clothing, blankets, bottles, shoes, etc. Up to size 18 months. These items are used to stock our Baby Boutique, where clients shop with Baby Bucks earned in our educational classes.
- Conference table seating 10 (for board meeting area)
- Office Chairs 10 for conference table in board meeting area
- Computers – (6) Towers, Monitors, Keyboards, Mouse for volunteer workroom, offices and reception
- Laptop – (1) for classroom
- Copier – High volume for new Cypress location
- DVD Players – (5) for appointment rooms and classrooms
- Fax Machine – Multifunction for reception
- Phones/Headsets – (2) reception
- Desktop Printers – (4) High Volume, Color
- Paper Shredders – (3)
- Televisions – (3) flat screen; small – (1) flat screen; large
- Coffee Maker – Keurig (2)
- Handtruck/Dolly – for maintenance
- Iron/Ironing board –
- Microwave – for break room
- Refrigerator – Full size
- Refrigerator – (2) Small size
- Kitchen Cabinetry
- Sink/Cabinet – for restroom
- Toaster Oven – for breakroom
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Water Heater – 50 Gallon
- Bookcases – (12)
- Cubbie Unit – (2) storage
- Chairs – (24) Guest & waiting room
- Chairs – (20) Stackable
- Chairs – (12) Desk/Office
- Desks – (7) Office
- File Cabinets – (8) Lateral
- File Cabinets – (3) Receding
- Lamps – (8) Floor & Table
- Literature racks – (12)
- Tables – (10) Occassional
- Tables – (8) Classroom 6ft & 8ft
- Dining Tabale/Chairs – for break room
- Table/Chairs – to seat 6 for chapel
- Bench – (3) seating
- Stools – (3)
- Silk Plants – (15) for décor
- Suggestion Boxes – (5)
- Wall Décor’ – (15) Nursery Themed
- White Board – 24×36
- Workspace – for 6-8 with chairs
- Closet – (2) Hanging Unit – 12’
- Shelving – Closet shelving units
- Shelving – (6) Industrial units
- Trash Cans – (14) 12 gallon
- Trash Can – 33 gallon
- Trash Cans – (8) Small, desk side
- Attend our Ministry Tour and Breakfast. Come see what Care Net is all about and how we serve our community! Invite your pastor, church members and business contacts to attend with you. Call Jerrie at 281.444.8554 to let us know you are coming so we can plan for breakfast.
- Gift Cards – Walmart, Target, etc. to be given to clients or used to purchase needed items for distribution.
CY-FAIR HELPING HANDS
- School Supplies (High School Appropriate)
- Gift cards for clothing (Kohls, Walmart, etc.) For Teen Program
- Snack foods For ItS (Intown Suites) hotel ministry
- Food Containers Approximately 500 styrofoam, 3 compartment, hinged containers for food per month.
- Professional Lawn Equipment – for lawn service business we are starting this Spring, to employ homeless teens. Need ASAP.
- Enclosed Trailer – 6×12 or larger for our new Motel Ministry. Need by April 1st. (First Sunday Service/Dinner).
- Sound Equipment – for Motel Ministry. Need by April 1st. (First Sunday Service/Dinner)
- White Tables – (10) for Motel Ministry. Need by April 1st. (First Sunday Service/Dinner)
- Folding Chairs – (60) for Motel Ministry. Need by April 1st. (First Sunday Service/Dinner)
- Rolling Carts – (2) for Motel Ministry. Need by April 1st. (First Sunday Service/Dinner)
- Bibles – (60) for Motel Ministry.
- Social Media Expert – to help with keeping our facebook, Twitter and newsletter emails updated.
- Office and Pantry staff – 3 hr per day commitment. 1-5 shifts per week. Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:30am to 12:30 pm and Thursday from 4pm to 7pm. BILINGUAL a blessing! Contact Suzanne at Suzanne@cyfairhelpinghands.org
- Data Entry – 2-4 hours per week. This volunteer will enter all client information and visits into our new database. May involve a couple hours of training. Contact Linda at email@example.com
- Copy Paper
- Full size toiletries
- Household cleaning products
- Shelf-stable milk
- Canned pasta, soup, meat.
- Dry pasta, beans, rice
- Paper products Toilet paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels.
- Gallon-size Zip-Loc bags to pack street bags.
- Gift Cards. Preferably Wal-Mart or Kroger. Given to clients for gas.
- Metro cards – given to clients for transportation
- We welcome “ride-along” when we do outreach – on Mondays and/or Wednesdays. If anyone is interested in doing this, contact Gwen Franke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also offer tours during office hours.
- We can facilitate scout groups holding meetings at our office and packing street bags as an activity.
HOME PLACE OF TEXAS
- Computer Games – Mavis Beacon or similar typing games that will work without internet. Need ASAP.
- Round Tables – (2) 60”, used is okay. Need ASAP.
- Games – Various; Checkers, Connect Four, Blokus, Dominoes, etc. Games to promote conversation and socialization skills with clients.
- Lowes Gift Cards & Home Depot – to be used for maintenance items and training items like screws, nails, locks, curtain rods, plumbing, cleaning, etc. Need by March 1.
- Lunch Assistant – 12-1 M-F. On assigned day, volunteer will assist participants with: microwaves, handling lunch items, clean up, proper lunch etiquette, and engaging in appropriate activity after eating.
- Fitness Assistant – 11-12 M-F On assigned day, volunteer will assist staff during fitness by: joining participants in walking, basketball, games, stretching, relays, and other outdoor activities.
- Teaching Assistant – 10-11 or 2-3 M-F. For art, music, work stations, coupon cutting, writing, engaging in team projects.
- Bible Study Assistant – Wed 4-6. Assist with supervising operation of Home Place Snack Hut; assisting participants with singing, following along with the lesson, and being picked up at 6pm.
- Copy paper and ink
- toilet tissue; paper towels; napkins
- hand sanitizer refill
- Clorox wipes
- plastic ware; paper cups
- notebook paper
- Gift Cards – To Sam’s or WalMart – any amount to purchase food supplies for our May fundraiser
- Silent Auction items for Ladies’ Tea – May 2nd Fundraiser– weekend getaway, tickets to events or concerts, family events – circus, ice skating shows, spa day, restaurants, etc.
- Gift Cards – Sam’s Club or WalMart – of any amount – to purchase food supplies for our May fundraiser
- Vacuum Cleaner – Handheld
- Fans – (6) Medium sized, for bedrooms
- “Pass-a-long” Plants or Bulbs – Thinning your Iris’, Day Lilies, Caladiums, Hostas or Ferns – we’d love to have your extra bulbs or plants – you can bring next month to GTNW or we can meet you for pick up.
- Lawnmower with adjustable levels for mowing and attachable rear bag – Need ASAP
- Construction teams – to work on our Children’s Activity Building : art – work on mosaic tile floor, countertops, nail up poke-a-dot lids, etc.
- Indiviuals, families or church/civic groups to help decoupage our ceiling panels and countertops in the children’s building.
- Planters – to plant new plants in prayer garden and front flower beds in March/April.
- Stamps – (200 per month) Forever or 1st Class
- Laundry Detergent – HE compatible
- Trash bags – Large white and XLG Black heavy duty for leaves
- Plastic Forks
- Styrofoam Coffee Cups – 6-8 oz
- Dryer Sheets – softener
MISSION CENTERS OF HOUSTON
- Sink – to replace broken one in our ESL/Classroom building at Fletcher Center. Need ASAP.
- White Board – 4’x8’ for our ESL classroom at the Fletcher Center. Need ASAP.
- Embroidery Machine – Gently Used, for the girls sewing class at the Joy Center. Need ASAP.
- Pots & Pans – Commercial Grade for our kitchen, which is used by onsite staff all year and 20 summer missionaries. Need ASAP.
- Kitchen Knives – Commercial Grade for our kitchen. Need ASAP.
- Brooms – Industrial. 2 new for the Fletcher Center. Need ASAP.
- Mop Buckets – Commercial. 2 New or used for the Fletcher Center. Need ASAP.
- Nursery Workers – Monday and/or Wednesday mornings froom 9am-noon at our Fletcher Center. The nursery is for the ladies in our ESL class and if we can’t provide the nursery they can’t attend the class.
- Home Depot Gift Cards – $125 to purchase 5 gallons of white paint for interior painting at the Fletcher Center.
- Hobby Lobby Gift Cards – $300 to purchase craft items for Children’s and Senior Adult ministry at Joy Center.
MISSION OF YAHWEH
- Disposable Diapers & Pull-ups – sizes 3, 4, 5, 6. URGENT need ASAP.
- Meat: Beef, Chicken, Pork, etc. Breakfast meats, Luncheon meats, etc. Needed to feed residents breakfast, lunch and dinner. Need ASAP.
- DSLR Digital Camera – with Memory cards. To be used during Program Activities, events and for outreach, networking and receiving in-kind donations. Need ASAP. New or Used.
- Dish Sets/Pots – (15) of each: Plates, bowls, cutlery, cooking utensils, pots and pans, etc. Needed for residents. Need ASAP. New or Used.
- Carpet – The carpet needs to be replaced in our resident’s movie room. 300 sq. ft. – Labor for installation would be preferred but not required. Need ASAP. New.
- Twin Size Mattresses – (10-20) New, twin size mattresses for resident women and children’s use. Need ASAP.
- Clothing – Professional men/women for residents and for outreach to our neighbors.
- Human Resources Expert – to advise us as we create new volunteer & staff job descriptions, employee reviews, and policies & procedures.
- Website Expert – to help us update and redesign our website.
- Data Entry. Flexible days/hours. Requirements: data entry experience, accuracy in typing. Need ASAP.
- Mentors – For women residents – minimum commitment – Mentor training (2 hours); must be able to pass a background check. Ages 21 & up. Must be willing to spend one hour per week for 6 weeks mentoring homeless resident women; one-on-one. This would be a great service project for a church Women’s Ministry, Sunday School Class, etc. Mentors make a huge impact in the success of our residents completing our program!
- Administrative Assistant/Front Desk – Part time, volunteer position. Answer phones, take messages, light filing, and data entry. Flexible days/hours.
- Mentor Interest Session: Come learn about our Mentoring Program. Minimal commitment with a HUGE impact. Tuesday, April 28, 2015 from 7pm-8pm at The Mission of Yahweh: 10247 Algiers Rd. Houston, TX 77041. Contact Tonya Frye, Volunteers & Social Media Director at email@example.com to sign up or for more information.
- Kitchen & Dining Facility Dedication Ceremony: The Mission of Yahweh cordially invites you to attend the dedication ceremony of our newly relocated kitchen and dining facility and completely refurbished resident laundry room.The celebration begins, Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 3:00pm with a formal dedication. Tours and light refreshments to follow. There will also be a ribbon cutting with Houston West Chamber of Commerce at 5:00pm. RSVP to Tonya Frye at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tour The MOY: If you would like a personal tour of The Mission of Yahweh campus, please contact Richard Hill, Executive Director at 713.466.4785.
- Copy Paper
- Ink Cartridges
- Water Bottles (for residents & neighborhood outreach)
- Towel sets (for residents)
- Office Supplies
- Gift Cards
- Food Pantry Items – Dry Food Goods, Canned Goods, Beans, Shelf Milk, Etc.
- Clothing Bank Items – Clothing, Shoes, Coats, Socks, Accessories, Etc.
- Furniture Bank Items – Sofas, Chairs, Dinging Tables, Etc.
- Diapers, Pull-ups & wipes – all sizes (Urgent: Size 3, 4 & 5)
- Zip-lock Bags (Freezer & Gallon Sizes)
- Toys – for Children’s Programs – Board Games, Video Games, Hula Hoops, Movies, Etc.
- Paper Goods – Napkins, Plates, Cups, Toilet Paper, Etc.
- Gasoline Cards – for residents searching for work/permanent housing
- Cleaning Products – Laundry detergent, Window Cleaner, Bleach, Etc.
- Personal Products – Soap, Shampoo, Toothpaste, Etc.
- Condiments – Mayonnaise, Italian & Ranch dressing, Hot Sauce, Coffee Creamers, Sugar, etc.
SHIELD BEARER COUNSELING CENTERS
- Journals – 40 – for New Female Clients and Teens
- Folders – Case; Purple 2 pocket without brads, no visuals
- Flash Drives –(24) 1G or higher USB
- Erasers – (2) Dry Erase Board Erasers
- Fans – (5) Oscillating fans – 3 speed
- Security Camera – (1) with rigging and monitor for reception area.
- Toys – 40 – Small (ages 3&up) for New Child Client Goodie Bags
- Play Doh– 5 cans for play therapy for kids Puzzles – 50 pieces or less for play therapy
- Construction Paper– 2 packages for play therapy
- Old Magazines – for kids to cut out pictures and words
- Markers– Washable – 3 packages for play therapy
- Crayons – 5 boxes of 16 or less for play therapy
- Capital Campaign Expert – to consult with purchasing a central office in NW Houston in 2015 (3500 sqft or larger multi-tenant building).
- Office Greeter – (Weekly commitment for Volunteer to choose 1 or more of Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. 3PM -7PM shift, Must be 18yrs or older) – Use your gifts of hospitality in welcoming clients to their appointments and greeting visitors as they enter the office. Office Greeters usually enjoy connecting with others through hospitality.
- Volunteer Appreciation Event Coordinator – (4 meetings of 2 hrs each between now and end of October. Experience preferred) – Do you love throwing parties and are you gifted with attention to detail? This might be the right fit for your talents.
- General “Handy Man” (2 hours weekly, must have own vehicle and DL, insurance) ‐ Pick up donation items and supplies and move them from one office to another. Some lifting abilities required and must be able to drive your own vehicle.
- Volunteer Coordinator – (10 hours weekly) – Help us connect volunteers with people who are willing and able to help us help other people. Preference given to experience with churches and other volunteer organizations.
- Gift Cards – 7 – valued at $25 for Gas (Chevron, Walmart, Etc.) for Volunteers
- Copy Paper – 1 case
- Plastic Disposable Bowls – Case
- Batteries – 12 – AA; 12 – AAA
- LED Light Bulbs – 24 – regular size for lamps
- Legal Pads – White ruled, (1) case
- Monthly Community Breakfast – Tuesday, April 7, 9-10AM. Shield-Bearer Central Office, 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. Our free monthly community breakfast is a great way for potential volunteers, employees or supporters to come learn more about this ministry. Discover the story behind the Shield-Bearer name and hear what God is doing through us to serve those who would otherwise be turned away. Find how you can join in Shield-Bearer’s mission. RSVP to events@ShieldBearer.org or 281-894-7222.
TOMBALL PREGNANCY CENTER
- Baby Wipes
- Clorox Wipes – & Lysol Disinfectant Spray – very low on cleaning supplies.
- New Mommy Bag Items – provided to all of our clients with newborns: (25) gifts. Popular items are: $5-10 gift card, lotion, slippers, nail polish, etc.
- Professionals to teach group classes. Any single mom’s or dad’s willing to share their success story, about being a parent & working. Can be a one- time class, monthly or quarterly, whatever works with your schedule.
- Maintenance – to change out light bulbs
- Consultants – meet with clients & assist with pregnancy test, education classes and direct them to resources. Training is required & will be held in October. Biggest need is on Monday & Tuesday evenings from 4pm – 8pm & Wednesdays 10am – 3pm.
- Boutique Organizer – for Wee Care Boutique, sort through donations brought in, and put items in proper places in boutique or storage bins, hours are flexible.
- Diapers Size 4 & 5
- Baby Wipes
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels
- Copy Paper