COMPLETE MINISTRY NEEDS LIST
ALDINE FAMILY HOPE CENTER
Dedicated to providing services that help strengthen vulnerable children & families in Aldine.
- Small Deep or Upright Freezer – to use for perishable items in the food pantry.
- 20 Teen NIV or NLT Study Bibles – (any brand)
- 30 Rodeo/Carnival Tickets – to use for teens as a reward for meeting their year end and graduation milestones. Any date.
- Rolls of Bulletin Board Paper – variety of colors, to use in Children’s program area.
- 3 or 4 Tier Bookshelves on Wheels – for Children’s program area.
- Social Media Consultant – to train key staff on best practices and tips when using social media (facebook, twitter, etc). Can be scheduled according to availability.
- Looking for a Volunteer Opportunity – for a group of 15 teenagers on any Saturday or during Spring Break (week of March 14th – 18th).
- $5 or $10 Gift Cards – to area stores or fast food restaurants to use as gifts and incentives for the teens in our Teen Enrichment Academy and for thank you’s to our volunteers.
BUCKNER CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES
Dedicated to providing services that help strengthen vulnerable children & single parent families in Conroe.
- Dependable Vehicle for New Family Place Client – a vehicle is needed for the single parent to travel back and forth to school as there is no public transportation from Conroe to Lone Star College.
- Storage Containers with Locks (key locks or combination) – for foster families to store medications for children.
- Plastic Storage Bins (large and small) – for storing holiday, seasonal, and event items.
- Iron Gate Repairman
- Gift Cards – for Family Place families and Foster families – used for gasoline, household items, diapers, formula, and toiletry items.
- Bath and Kitchen Towels – for Family Place and Foster Care kinship families we serve.
- Five Pound Fire Extinguishers, Household Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Alarms – for Kinship foster families to meet minimum standards.
CY-FAIR HELPING HANDS
Dedicated to serving the homeless, sheltered homeless, and others in need in the Cy-Fair area regardless of age, race, religion or marital status.
- Smoke Detector and Fire Extinguisher
- Small Security Camera
- Single Line “Landline” Telephone – one with a wireless handset and a wireless extension for outreach and homeless teen program use.
- Small, Wall-Mount Flat Screen TV (32”) – (with a USB port) for ESL classes.
- Upright 20+ Cubic Foot Freezer – to store fresh produce and meat.
- 3 Seville Classic Commercial Industrial Rolling Storage Shelving – Item # 773603 at Sam’s Club ($99.98 each).
- Security Professional – looking for someone to come to Cy-Fair Helping Hands to give a security workshop.
- Back Pantry Helper – packing bags, stocking shelves, etc.
- Front Desk Assistants – greeting clients, distributing food, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. Discovering needs.
- Street Outreach – riding along as we visit with our clients who live on the street.
- ITS Worship Assistants – assist on the first and third Sundays between 3:30 and 6:30pm with ITS Worship at InTown Suites.
- Paper products – (toilet paper, paper towels)
- Household Cleaning Supplies – (laundry and dish soap, all-purpose cleaner, etc)
- Canned Fruit
- Paper and Plastic Grocery Bags – to pack the food in every month that is distributed to over 160 client families.
- Gift Cards – that can be used to refill propane tanks. Several of our homeless clients have propane stoves and heaters they connect to large propane tanks. We like to help keep them filled.
- WalMart and Kroger Gift Cards – used by clients to purchase gas.
- Phone Cards – to keep minutes on client’s phones so we can remain connected.
- We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our two-room facility!
HOME PLACE OF TEXAS
Dedicated to providing meaningful life experiences, socialization, education, employment and spiritual training to adults with disabilities.
- Portable PA System (Fender Passport Event 150 Pro) – used almost daily for music, karaoke, teaching, fitness/dancing, etc.). There are over 40 participants in the group and the room is very large.
- Elementary Musical Instruments – will be used for Music Therapy with the newest employee. Anything from hand drums to xylophones.
- Megaphone– will be used for when outside and at Turkey Trots. We have grown exponentially and need something that can be heard well when outside doing fitness.
- Paper goods – Will be used every day for lunch and snacks as well as clean-up. (Plates, napkins, cups, and Clorox wipes)
- Writing utensils- Will be used every day for art and other activities. (Pencils, markers, crayons, etc.)
- Facility Tour – We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our wonderful building!
Dedicated to serving the physical and spiritual needs of prison families by providing temporary lodging and food.
- 2 New Vacuum Cleaners – professional for the heavy duty vacuuming done each week. – Needed ASAP
- 2 New Brooms – ready to work hard brooms – Needed ASAP
- Home Depot or Lowe’s Gift Cards – for regular maintenance and repair items.
- Cases of Bottled Water
- Electrician – to help install LED lighting fixtures or advise on how to do so
- 1st Class Stamps – to be used for thank you letters to donors and Chaplain mail outs.
- Gift Cards – to grocery stores such as Kroger, WalMart, HEB, and Sam’s Club so we can buy necessary fresh produce, meats and dairy products to provide meals for the families each weekend and on execution days.
- Trash Bags – Large Kitchen or Yard bags
- Water Bottles – cases of water bottles for guests to have while they await security and their visits.
- Facility Tour – We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our 17 bedroom facility and especially our new Children’s Activity Building – 9am-5pm on weekdays and weekends by appointment due to Director’s travel schedule.
OAKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
Dedicated to breaking the cycle of addiction and homeless by offering support and shelter for female ex-offenders who desire to make positive life changes and become productive members of society.
- (2) Laptop Computer – to be used in our Learning Center for job applications, and for the residents to communicate with their families. – New or Used
- (1) Electric Clothes Dryer – for residents use at The Oaks of Righteousness. – New or Used
- Chest of Drawers – (3 to 5 drawers) for an upcoming graduates’ bedroom. New or Used. Needed in January.
- Paper towels
- Clorox wipes
- Toilet paper
- Kitchen garbage bags
- Gas Gift Cards
SHIELD BEARER COUNSELING CENTERS
Dedicated to strengthening relationships, building healthy families, strong communities and healing hurting hearts in Houston.
- (1) IPad or Microsoft Surface – for presentations for program outreach, etc.
- Wireless Security Camera and Monitor – for Jones Rd Office
- Surge Protector and Back Up Power Pack
- Target and Walmart Gift Cards – for emergency needs list items
- Framer – Need someone who knows how to lay out and frame a special congressional recognition we received from Congressman McCaul.
- Event Planning Volunteers Needed – we are having a Family Fun Run in April! Opportunities to help before and during the race are available.
- Volunteer Ambassadors (Shield Bearer Soldiers) Needed – soldiers who are passionate about our mission, commit to inviting seven friends/colleagues to our monthly breakfast, follow and like on social media, share our mission with others, and attend events.
- Handy Man – need someone to assist with handy man activities, moving boxes or donations from one location to another on an as needed basis.
- Life Together Forever Workshop for Couples – Saturday, January 16th, 9:00-3:00PM, Shield Bearer 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. Falling in love is easy… staying in love is an art. We help couples build and strengthen their foundation for a healthy, lifelong, intimate and fun Christian marriage. This workshop is designed to strengthen relationships, inspire hope and rekindle marriages. You and your spouse will gain skills that fortify your marriage as you enjoy a day of meaningful fun. This workshop teaches couples the important skills they need to nurture a lifetime love. (This workshop is for healthy couples and does not replace but may complement counseling). $75 per couple before January 11th. After January 11th, $225 per couple. Limited Seating! Call 281-894-7222 or email events@ShieldBearer.org to register today before all the seats are gone. (Couples who are not married will receive a coupon for $60 off their Texas Marriage License).
- February Community Breakfast – Tuesday, February 2nd, 9:00-10:00AM, Shield Bearer 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. The free monthly community breakfast is a great way for potential volunteers, employees or supporters to come learn more about this ministry. Discover the story behind the Shield Bearer name and hear what God is doing through us to serve those who would otherwise be turned away. Find how you can join in Shield Bearer’s mission. RSVP:Events@ShieldBearer.org or 281-894-7222.
- Life Together Forever Workshop for Couples – Saturday, February 20th, 9:00-3:00PM, Shield Bearer 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. Falling in love is easy… staying in love is an art. We help couples build and strengthen their foundation for a healthy, lifelong, intimate and fun Christian marriage. This workshop is designed to strengthen relationships, inspire hope and rekindle marriages. You and your spouse will gain skills that fortify your marriage as you enjoy a day of meaningful fun. This workshop teaches couples the important skills they need to nurture a lifetime love. (This workshop is for healthy couples and does not replace but may complement counseling). $75 per couple before February 14th. After February 14th, $225 per couple. Limited Seating! Call 281-894-7222 or email events@ShieldBearer.org to register today before all the seats are gone. (Couples who are not married will receive a coupon for $60 off their Texas Marriage License).
- Copy Paper
- Coffee/Sweet n Low
- Paper Towels/Plates/Cups
- Envelopes (standard business size, no windows)
- Address labels for mailings (white, 1 x 2 5/8)
- Standard Light Bulbs
TOMBALL PREGNANCY CENTER
Dedicated to providing resources to those facing unplanned or crisis pregnancy, such as adoption services, prenatal care, attorney’s, free pregnancy testing, and more.
- Paper Towels – select a size brand
- Toilet Paper
- Diapers – size 5
- Female Spanish Speaking Volunteers – to work with clients.
- Table Sponsors for Upcoming Benefit Dinner – Tables accommodate 10 people and are $1000 each. Event is on February 6, 2016.
- Baby Wipes