Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found favor in Your sight, let me know Your ways that I may know You, so that I may find favor in Your sight. ~ Exodus 33:13 (NASB)
Needs Met since February 2016 – $8,301.90
Volunteer Hours – 50.5; Value – $1,139.79
Total Value – $9,441.69
September 2015 – February 2016 Value of Needs Met – $95,868.15
Next Luncheon: Thursday, April 14, 2016
Aldine Family Hope Center – Dedicated to providing services that help strengthen vulnerable children & families in Aldine.
- 5 10×10 Pop-up Tents – to use for outside events & youth activities. (Needed ASAP)
- Refreshments – seeking donations per day to fill the calendar for Tuesdays/Thursdays- March 29th-May 19th for 15 people in our Adult Job Training program.
- 2 Cases of “Thank You” or Plastic Grocery Bags
- 1 Picture Laminator – (Large) for After-school program need
- 1 9×12 Floor Rug – for After-school program preferably in Navy Blue
- Guest Speakers for Teen Enrichment Academy:
- Eating Disorders – on April 6th at 4:30pm
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse – on April 13th at 4:30pm
- 2 Resale Shop Volunteers – needed daily (Mon-Fri) to aid in the resale shop from 10am-3pm (sorting donations, organizing clothing racks, etc.). Any amount of time given is greatly appreciated!
- Facility Tour – We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our facility!
- Travel size hygiene items
- Pampers – All sizes for our food pantry and case management
Buckner Children & Family Services – Dedicated to providing services that help strengthen vulnerable children & single parent families in Conroe.
- A Microwave, Set of Pots and Pans and Dishes, and a Set of Towels – for a new Family Pathways family moving in this week (week of luncheon).
- (12) $25 Gift Cards – for Family Pathways families – used especially for gas for getting to and from school and taking care of family needs.
- Gardening at our campus – We are looking for a group or individuals to plant and maintain flower beds adjacent to buildings. Maintain other flower/plant areas by removing unwanted growth, trimming, pruning, adding mulch, etc.
**ALL Buckner volunteers must register and sign up for volunteer opportunities through our online volunteer system. The following opportunities are posted there. Contact George Hartsfield or Cari Latimer at 936-756-3639 with any questions concerning this process. The volunteer website is: http://www.buckner.org/volunteer/. Search “Conroe” or “Houston” for our local opportunities.
- Small household appliances– for Family Pathways and Foster Care kinship families we serve.
- New bed linens for families we serve.
- Household smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms for Kinship foster families to meet minimum standards.
Cy-Fair Helping Hands – Dedicated to serving the homeless, sheltered homeless, and others in need in the Cy-Fair area regardless of age, race, religion or marital status.
- Rolling Cart – to use for transporting food bags within our pantry and for transferring donations from donors’ cars to the pantry.
- Paper and Plastic Grocery Bags – to pack food in.
- Paper Products and Cleaning Supplies – toilet paper, paper towels, laundry and dish detergent, all-purpose cleaner, etc.
- Canned Fruit
- Security Professional – looking for someone to come to Cy-Fair Helping Hands to give a security workshop.
- Organizational Management Professional – It is time for us to take a good, hard look at our bylaws and revise them as well as our mission and vision statements. Someone with experience in this area to direct the process would be a huge blessing.
- Board Management Professional – As we take on the bylaw review task, we also must revise Board duties and restructure the Board/staff relationship. Help, please??
- Back Pantry Helper – packing bags, stocking shelves, etc.
- Front Desk Assistants – greeting clients, distributing food, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. Discovering needs.
- Street Outreach – riding along as we visit with our clients who live on the street.
- ITS Worship Assistants – assist on the first and third Sundays between 3:30 and 6:30pm with ITS Worship at InTown Suites.
- We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our two-room facility!
- Paper Products – toilet paper, paper towels, household cleaning supplies (laundry and dish detergent, all purpose cleaner, etc.)
- Canned Fruit
- Paper and Plastic Grocery Bags
- Gift Cards – to refill propane tanks
- Walmart and Kroger Gift Cards – to purchase gas
- Phone Cards
Home Place of Texas – Dedicated to providing meaningful life experiences, socialization, education, employment and spiritual training to adults with disabilities.
- Portable PA System (Fender Passport Event 150 Pro) – will be used almost daily (for music, karaoke, teaching, fitness/dancing, etc. ) with a group of over 40 individuals in a very large room.
- Small Percussion Items – Will be used for our Music Therapy with our newest employees. Items such as hand drums, hand bells, and xylophones
- Kitchen Items – We have a kitchen at our Day Program where we do Baking with Diann. We are in need of cake pans, muffin pans (both 8×8), a large cutting board, and a knife set.
- Facility Tour – We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our Day Program Building.
- Paper goods – Will be used every day for lunch and snacks as well as clean-up. (Plates, napkins, cups, and Clorox wipes)
- Writing utensils- Will be used every day for art and other activities. (Pencils, markers, crayons, etc.)
Hospitality House – Dedicated to serving the physical and spiritual needs of prison families by providing temporary lodging and food.
- Items for Raffles at our Ladies Tea April 30th – Examples: fine jewelry; spa day gift card; weekend get-a-ways; designer purses, etc…
- Big items for Raffle and Prizes at our Motorcycle Benefit Ride – June 4th – Examples: Flat Screen TV; Go Pro Camera; Fire Pit; etc…
- New Dishwasher – $450 – to replace worn out current dishwasher
- Home Depot or Lowe’s Gift Cards – for regular maintenance and repair items.
- Grant Writer – need someone with grant writing skills to research available grants, write and file the appropriate paperwork.
- Ladies Tea – April 30th – 2-4pm – Sponsor a table for 10 – $200 or $25 per person
- June 4th Motorcycle Benefit Ride – $20 per rider, $10 per passenger
- Facility Tour – We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our 17 bedroom facility and especially our new Children’s Activity Building – 9am-5pm on weekdays and weekends by appointment due to Director’s travel schedule.
- 1st Class Stamps – to be used for thank you letters to donors and Chaplain mail outs.
- Gift Cards – to grocery stores – Kroger, WalMart, HEB, and Sam’s Club so we can buy necessary fresh produce, meats and dairy products to provide meals for the families each weekend and on execution days.
- Water Bottles – cases of water bottles for guests to have while they await security and their visits.
- Trash Bags – LG Kitchen or Yard bags
Oaks of Righteousness – Dedicated to breaking the cycle of addiction and homeless by offering support and shelter for female ex-offenders who desire to make positive life changes and become productive members of society.
- Electric Cloths Dryer – for residential use (used or new)
- Card Table and 4 Chairs – for use in the house (used or new)
- Oscillating Electric Fan – on a adjusting stand for use in the house (used or new)
- Music Concert – to benefit The Oaks of Righteousness at Kingwood United Methodist Church on May 1, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. Ticket/donation at the door.
- Paper Towels
- Clorox Wipes
- Toilet Paper
- Kitchen Garbage Bags
- Gas Gift Cards
Shield Bearer Counseling Centers – Dedicated to strengthening relationships, building healthy families, strong communities and healing hurting hearts in Houston.
- (1) Ipad – (used)
- Short Locking File Cabinet – to replace a broken one
- 4 Burgandy and/or Navy pillows for therapy rooms
- Helium balloon arch – for April 9th 5k Family Fun Run & Walk Event
- Walmart or Target gift cards -for office supplies
- Framer – Need someone who knows how to lay out and frame a special congressional recognition we received from Congressman McCaul.
- Grant Writer – Need someone with grant writing expertise to research available grants and complete and file applicable paperwork.
- Part-time Client Relations Specialist (Needed ASAP/Paid Position) – Duties and Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited to: Answering incoming phone calls, transferring them to the appropriate person and setting appointments.
- Event Volunteers – 5k Family Fun Run and Walk is April 9th at 7am at The Met Church. Opportunities to help before and during the race are available including, planning, event sponsor promotions, set up and tear down, children’s booth volunteer (painting faces, games), etc.
- Handy Man – Need someone to assist with handy man activities, moving boxes or donations from one location to another on an as needed basis.
- Ambassadors (Shield Bearer Soldiers) – Soldiers are passionate about our mission, commit to inviting seven friends/colleagues to our monthly breakfast, follow and like on social media, share our mission with others, and attend events.
- Shield Bearer 5K Family Fun Run and Walk presented by Reliant – Saturday, April 9, 2016 7:00AM-11:00AM. The Met Church 13000 Jones Rd Houston, TX 77070. Fun for the whole family! Join us for a 5K Fun Run and 1 Mile Walk (strollers welcome). Games, t-shirts, prizes, food, and more! Register online @ shieldbearer.org/5K. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Life Together Forever Workshop for Couples – Saturday, March 12th, 2016 9:00-3:00PM, Shield Bearer 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070.
- April Community Breakfast – Tuesday, April 5th, 9:00-10:00AM, Shield Bearer 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070.
- Copy Paper
- Sweet n Low
- Coffee Creamer
- Coffee stirrers
- Paper Towels and Plates
- Styrofoam Cups (8 and 12 oz. size, very low supply)
- Envelopes (standard business size, no windows)
- Address labels for mailings (white, 1 x 2 5/8)
- Standard Light Bulbs
Tomball Pregnancy Center – Dedicated to providing resources to those facing unplanned or crisis pregnancy, such as adoption services, prenatal care, attorney’s, free pregnancy testing, and more.
- Working Computers with CD Drives
- Gift Cards to Sherwin Williams
- Gift Cards to Pier 1
- Gift Cards to Office Depot
- Sponsor for once a month cleaning – $70 p/month
- Female Spanish Speaking Volunteers – to work with clients.
- Center Volunteers – to do data entry, sort clothing for the boutique, or train to work as a consultant with clients