ALDINE FAMILY HOPE CENTER
- Refreshments or Lunch – on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from September 29th through November 20th for 15 people in our Adult Job Training program.
- 25 Pairs of Youth Soccer Shin Guards – for our soccer clinics and games. New or used. Need by October 30th.
- 8 Sewing Machines – used for basic sewing classes for youth and adults. New or used. Need by October 15th.
- 1,000 Toys – for annual Christmas events (for ages 0-13). New and Unwrapped. Need by December 11, 2015.
- Roofer – to give free estimates on 4 areas of building repairs – Need ASAP
- Repairmen – for light bulbs on park pavilion, lift machine needed.
- Sports League Volunteers – needed on Saturday mornings to coach soccer/flag football games for youth ages 6-12 years old in January 2016.
- Guest speakers – to lead workshops on Domestic Violence and Parenting (as scheduled)
- (Adult) Bible Study Leader – 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month from 12:30-1:30pm
- Food – for food pantry (very low) rice, beans, cooking oil, canned meats, chili, and any non-perishable items. Need ASAP
- Hygiene Items – for food pantry (completely out) travel size toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, deodorant, pads, razors, body lotion, etc. Need ASAP
- Looking for a volunteer project for staff on Tuesday, November 24th from 9am-1pm for 16 people.
BUCKNER CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES
- 4 New Household Vacuum Cleaners – for new clients in Family Place program. Need by November 1st.
- 2 Sets of Queen Bed Linens – for clients in Family Place program. Need by November 1st.
- 2 Sets of Twin Bed Linens – for clients in Family Place program. Need by November 1st.
- 10 Household Smoke Alarms – for Kinship foster families to meet minimum standards.
- Catering Services (discount or donated) – for Pastor’s Breakfast on November 4 and Thanksgiving Dinner for clients, staff and ministry partners on November 23.
- Metal Works Services (discounted or donated) – for repair to a metal gate for security on the campus.
- 4 Volunteers for Thanksgiving Dinner – at our Conroe campus. At least 2 volunteers are needed to staff craft table activities for children (We will provide materials). Also at least 2 volunteers are needed to come early and help set up Christmas tree, tables, food and other items, and also help serve food. (ALL Buckner volunteers must register and sign up for volunteer opportunities: http://www.buckner.org/volunteer/)
- Gasoline Gift Cards – for Family Place families and Foster Care kinship families who have limited means.
- Bath and Kitchen Towels – for Family Place and Foster Care kinship families we serve.
- Household Products – (cleaning supplies, trash bags, etc.) for Family Place and Foster Care kinship families we serve.
CY-FAIR HELPING HANDS
- 75-100 Sturdy Folding Chairs – to be used for ITS Worship, which is outdoors and in a grassy area.
- Heavy Duty Paper Cutter – for new single card brochures for each program.
- Winter Camping Equipment – Tents (4-person is the best size), sleeping bags, tarps, Coleman stoves, flashlights and lanterns for clients for the winter weather, which is around the corner.
- 25 Turkeys – for volunteers to prepare for Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving.
- Overhead Projector – for ESL classes
- Back Pantry Helper – packing bags, stocking shelves, etc.
- Front Desk Assistants – greeting clients, distributing food, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. Discovering needs.
- Street Outreach – riding along as we visit with our clients who live on the street.
- ITS Worship Assistants – assist on the first and third Sundays between 3:30 and 6:30pm with ITS Worship at InTown Suites.
- Paper Products – toilet paper and paper towels
- Household Cleaning Supplies – laundry and dish soap, all-purpose cleaner, etc.
- Canned Fruit
- Paper and Plastic Bags – to pack the food in
- Facility Tour – We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our two-room facility!
HOME PLACE OF TEXAS
- Home Depot/Lowes Gift Cards – for maintenance around our building.
- Small stage – will be used for our choir teacher that comes every Friday morning to direct our participants in singing in a group.
- Portable PA System (Fender Passport Event 150 Pro) – will be used almost daily for music, karaoke, teaching, fitness/dancing, etc. Our group is over 40 and the room is so large, making it difficult to hear.
- T-shirt Frames – will be used to display our Home Place shirts that are for sale
- Donate a service to be auctioned at the Parkway Chevrolet Two-Step Gala Oct. 24. See June Jones, 713-447-7557.
- Paper goods – Will be used every day for lunch and snacks as well as clean-up. (Plates, napkins, cups, and Clorox wipes)
- Writing utensils – Will be used every day for art and other activities. (Pencils, markers, crayons, etc.)
- Facility Tour – We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our wonderful building!
- 2 New Vacuum Cleaners – professional for the heavy-duty vacuuming done each week.
- Home Depot or Lowe’s Gift Cards – for regular maintenance and repair items.
- Hand Truck or Dolly – needed for unloading and lifting donations, furniture, appliances, etc.
- Live Auction Items – for our November Golf Tourney, November 14th. Examples: hotel/resort get-a-ways; spa day; family events; sports events or concerts; jewelry; Yeti Cooler; Rifle or Gun. Need items by November 1st.
- 1st Class Stamps – to be used for thank you letters to donors and Chaplain mail outs.
- Gift Cards – to grocery stores such as Kroger, WalMart, HEB, and Sam’s Club so we can buy necessary fresh produce, meats and dairy products to provide meals for the families each weekend and on execution days.
- Water Bottles – cases of water bottles for guests to have while they await security and their visits.
- Trash Bags – Kitchen or Yard bags
- Facility Tour – We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our 17 bedroom facility and especially our new Children’s Activity Building – 9am-5pm on weekdays and weekends by appointment due to Director’s travel schedule.
OAKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
- Room Rental or Affordable Apartment Housing – for our resident who works near Acres Homes/I-45 area; she will graduate from the recovery program in November 2015.
- Donated Used Cars – for transportation to and from work for graduating residents in 2015.
- 2 Laptop Computers – to be used in our Learning Center for job applications, and for the residents to communicate with their families.
- Paper towels
- Clorox wipes
- Toilet paper
- Kitchen garbage bags
- Second Annual Fundraiser/Luncheon – November 10, 2015 for Oaks of Righteousness at Kingwood United Methodist Church, Kingwood from 11:00-2:00. Tickets may be purchased from Beth Whittier.
SHIELD BEARER COUNSELING CENTERS
- 2 IPads or Microsoft Surfaces – for presentations for program outreach, etc.
- Paper Shredder – (to replace broken Tomball office shredder, new or used)
- Auction Items – (for Celebration of Hope, November 5) – Themed Baskets (baskets with Texans stuff, or movies stuff, or Houston stuff) Event tickets, Restaurant Gift Cards, Vacation Packages
- Wireless Camera System – for reception area at Jones Rd. location (less than $200 at Sam’s).
- A New Home Office – (5000 sq ft of office space replacing our Jones Rd. location) for counseling services. Outside the belt between 290 and 45, near 249. Target move in April. 8
- 10 Volunteers for 10th Anniversary Celebration of Hope – at Christ the Redeemer Church on November 5, 2015 from 4pm to 9pm. Volunteers needed to help plate, serve, and clean up. Celebration will honor supporters, partners, and clients.
- 10 Volunteer Ambassadors (Shield Bearer Soldiers) – Soldiers are passionate about our mission, commit to inviting seven friends/colleagues to our monthly breakfast, follow and like on social media, share our mission with others, and attend events.
- Volunteer to help with data entry into spreadsheets – Must know Excel. Approximately 8 hours of work over the next two months.
- Office Depot, Walmart, and Target Gift Cards – for needs list items
- Copy Paper
- Paper Towels, Plates, Cups
- Envelopes – standard business size, no windows
- Address Labels – for mailings, (white, 1 x 2 5/8)
- 1 Dozen Standard Light Bulbs
- Community Breakfast – Tuesday, October 6th, 9-10AM Shield-Bearer Central Office 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. The free monthly community breakfast is a great way for potential volunteers, employees or supporters to come learn more about this ministry. Discover the story behind the Shield-Bearer name and hear what God is doing through us to serve those who would otherwise be turned away. Find how you can join in Shield-Bearer’s mission. RSVP to Events@ShieldBearer.org or 281-894-7222.
- Life Together Forever Workshop for Couples – Saturday, October 10th, 2015 9:00 – 3:00 Shield Bearer 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. Falling in love is easy… staying in love is an art. We help couples build and strengthen their foundation for a healthy, lifelong, intimate and fun Christian marriage. This workshop is designed to strengthen relationships, inspire hope and rekindle marriages. You and your spouse will gain skills that fortify your marriage as you enjoy a day of meaningful fun. This workshop teaches couples the important skills they need to nurture a lifetime love. (This workshop is for healthy couples and does not replace but may complement counseling). $75 per couple before October 3rd. After October 3rd, $225 per couple. Limited Seating! Call 281-894-7222 or email events@ShieldBearer.org to register today before all the seats are gone. (Couples who are not married will receive a coupon for $60 off their Texas Marriage License).
- Network Texas “Back to the Future” Party with Purpose benefiting Shield Bearer – Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 6:00-9:30PM Reno’s 28301 Tomball Parkway, Tomball, TX 77375. Enjoy good food and good fun at this Back to the Future themed event for a good cause! Tickets are only $10 online or $25 at the door. Fun raffle auction items available! Sponsorship opportunities, auction information, and ticket purchase available at www.shieldbearer.org/party.
- 10th Anniversary Celebration of Hope – Thursday, November 5th, 6:00PM-8:30PM Christ the Redeemer Life Center 11507 Huffmeister Rd, Houston, TX. Mark your calendar! Join us as we honor those that made it possible to reach thousands of hurting hearts over the last ten years, celebrate the hope and healing experienced by so many, and find out how we plan to touch more lives in the future. Sponsorship, auction, and ticket information available at www.shieldbearer.org/hope. We are excited to share this evening with you!Facility Tour – We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our two-room facility!
TOMBALL PREGNANCY CENTER
- Disposable Diapers – sizes 3, 4 and 5 – URGENT Need. Given to clients as part of the earn-while-you-learn parenting program.
- Baby Wipes
- Cleaning Crew – 1 time per week. We need light cleaning on an ongoing basis, and a deep cleaning initially (windows and blinds).
- Baby Wipes