ALDINE FAMILY HOPE CENTER
- 70 Children’s Bibles – Titled “Bible for the Littlest Readers” to be used in daily bible study. Need ASAP.
- 25 Pairs of Youth Soccer Shin Guards – (New or Used) for soccer clinics and games. Need by August 25th.
- 5 Gallons of Exterior Paint – (Terra cotta, dark brown, or similar color) used to paint wood deck. Need ASAP.
- 8 Sewing Machines – Used for basic sewing classes for youth and adults. New or used. Need by September 15th.
- Child Care Professional – to provide scheduled Continuing Education workshops/trainings for child care staff.
- Marketing Firm – to take teens in the Teen Enrichment Academy on a tour of the company & to have someone speak with the teens about the profession and general marketing career opportunities.
- Sports League Volunteers – needed on Saturday mornings to coach soccer/flag football games for youth ages 6-12 years old in January 2016.
- Music Teacher – to teach basic keyboard skills to youth ages 6-12 on Thursdays from 4:30-5:30pm beginning August 27, 2015.
- Volunteer Group – to paint Teen Program’s outside deck. (see photo)
- Sewing Teacher – to volunteer in giving basic sewing classes to youth and adults. As scheduled.
- $20.00 Payless Gift Cards – to use for families enrolled in our Case Management program as needed.
- $5.00 Gift Cards – (from various fast food locations) to be given as incentives for the Teen Program.
- Art Supplies – paints, construction paper, brushes, sponges, beads, felts, and glue. To be used for youth after school program activities.
BUCKNER CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES
- 4 New Household Vacuum Cleaners – for new clients in Family Place programs in Conroe and Houston.
- 4 New White Plastic 6 foot Folding Tables – for events, training, and client activities.
- 2 Fire Extinguishers – for Kinship foster families to meet minimum standards.
- 10 Household Smoke Alarms – for Kinship foster families to meet minimum standards
- Referrals for Gutter Installation Services – for the office for Family Place and Foster Care programs. There is a waterfall at our entrance when it rains.
- 2 – 4 Individuals to be an Ally for Faith and Finances – a course for Family Place clients. This course is being offered to our Family Place clients and we need people to be encouragers for those going through the course. Allies participate with other participants in this weekly course and provide extra support and insight as well as help with logistics and set-up. The class has already begun and runs through the middle of November. It takes place at our Conroe office on Thursdays 3pm – 4:30pm. (ALL Buckner volunteers must register and sign up for volunteer opportunities: http://www.buckner.org/volunteer/)
- Gasoline Gift Cards – for Family Place families and Foster Care kinship families who have limited means.
CY-FAIR HELPING HANDS
- Shelf Unit – (perhaps a bookshelf unit) for our front office to store office supplies. It can be up to 3 feet wide and up to 6 feet tall.
- 75-100 Sturdy Folding Chairs – to be used for ITS Worship, which is outdoors and in a grass area.
- Full-size Toiletries – (shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, bar soap, deodorant. No conditioner, please) for the pantry.
- Tents – Huge need! 4-person is the best size. With the wet spring and the current heat and humidity, many of our on-the-street clients have tents and sleeping bags that have mold on them. We would like to help replace them.
- Back Pantry Helper – packing bags, stocking shelves, etc.
- Front Desk Assistants – greeting clients, distributing food, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. Discovering needs.
- Street Outreach – riding along as we visit with our clients who live on the street.
- ITS Worship Assistants – assist on the first and third Sundays between 3:30 and 6:30pm with ITS Worship at InTown Suites.
- Paper Products – toilet paper and paper towels
- Household Cleaning Supplies – laundry and dish soap, all-purpose cleaner, etc.
- Canned Fruit
- Facility Tour – We always welcome visitors and love to give tours of our two-room facility!
HOME PLACE OF TEXAS
- Home Depot/Lowes Gift Cards – for maintenance around our building.
- 8 Passenger Van – for transporting our participants to and from their job sites.
- Auction Items/Prizes – for Turkey Trot. Needed by October 15th.
- Band-Aids – for our first aid kit (three different sizes needed).
- Water bottles – we like to keep our participants hydrated when they go off to work.
- Sam’s Club or Wal-Mart Gift Cards – of any amount – to purchase food supplies for our November fundraiser.
- Live Auction Items – for Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser on November 14th – Examples: weekend getaway, tickets to sports events or concerts, family events: circus, ice skating shows; spa day, restaurants, jewelry, Yeti Cooler, Rifle or Gun, etc. Need items by November 1st!
- Snacks and Soft Drinks/Bottled Water – for Golf Tournament November 14th. Need by November 12th.
- Hand Truck and Dolly – needed for unloading and lifting of donations, furniture, appliances, etc. Example: Amazon – Harper Hand Truck and Dolly $84.99.
- Plumber – to fix small plumbing leaks
- Individual Volunteer or Teams – for small odd jobs. Needed – whenever available just schedule with our office.
- Stamps – Forever or 1st Class need 200 per month
- Trash Bags – LG white and black XLG heavy duty for leaves
- Plastic forks – heavy duty
- Softener Dryer Sheets
OAKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
- Room Rental or Affordable Apartment Housing – for our resident who works near Acres Homes/I-45 area; she will graduate from the recovery program in November 2015.
- Donated Used Cars – for transportation to and from work for graduating residents in 2015.
- 1 Laptop Computer – to be used in our Learning Center for job applications, and for the residents to communicate with their families.
- Female Christian Counselors – needed for female residents when they are accepted into the program. One-on-one sessions for a period of time. In-home care, meeting weekly in the beginning for residents who have had traumatic backgrounds with drug use included. Assessments needed to be done to meet their emotional needs.
- Professional Counselors – to train volunteers, relief workers and mentors who are working with the residents in recovery. Training on how to mentor, conflict resolution, etc. needed.
- House Renovator – for Oaks of Righteousness. Prep and paint exterior, tree trimming, porch floor repair needed.
- Paper towels
- Clorox wipes
- Toilet paper
- Kitchen garbage bags
- Second Annual Fundraiser/Luncheon – November 10, 2015 for Oaks of Righteousness at Kingwood United Methodist Church, Kingwood from 11:00-2:00. Tickets may be purchased from Beth Whittier.
SHIELD BEARER COUNSELING CENTERS
- Wireless Computer Speakers – to replace broken radio in reception area, (new or used).
- Paper Shredder – to replace broken Tomball office shredder, (new or used).
- (1) Security Camera – rigging and monitor for reception area, (new or used)
- 10 Cases Bottled Water – for mother/daughter event (120 bottles). Needed before Saturday, September 19th.
- 15 Volunteers for 10th Anniversary Celebration of Hope – at Christ the Redeemer Church on November 5, 2015 from 4pm to 9pm. Volunteers needed to help plate, serve, and clean up. Celebration will honor supporters, partners, and clients.
- 10 Volunteer Ambassadors (Shield Bearer Soldiers) – Soldiers are passionate about our mission, commit to inviting seven friends/colleagues to our monthly breakfast, follow and like on social media, share our mission with others, and attend events.
- Office Depot, Walmart, and Target Gift Cards – for needs list items
- Copy Paper
- Paper Towels, Plates, Bowls
- Envelopes – standard business size, no windows
- Address Labels – for mailings, (white, 1 x 2 5/8)
- Life Together Forever Workshop for Couples – Saturday, September 12th, 2015 9:00 – 3:00 Shield Bearer 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. This workshop is for healthy couples and does not replace but may complement counseling. Call 281-894-7222 or email events@ShieldBearer.org to register. (Couples who are not married will receive a coupon for $60 off their Texas Marriage License).
- Mother Daughter Strong 2015 – Saturday, September 19th 9:30am – 11:00am Life Path Church 17703 West Little York Houston, TX 77084. Moms and daughters (ages 10 and up) are invited to a unique morning of fitness, reflection, and connection with Shield Bearer and P31 Fitness! Purchase tickets at www.shieldbearer.org/strong ($5 before September 5, $25 after September 6).
- Shield Bearer Community Breakfast – Tuesday, October 6th, 9-10AM Shield-Bearer Central Office 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. The free monthly community breakfast is a great way for potential volunteers, employees or supporters to come learn more about this ministry. Discover the story behind the Shield-Bearer name and hear what God is doing through us to serve those who would otherwise be turned away. Find how you can join in Shield-Bearer’s mission. RSVP to Events@ShieldBearer.org or 281-894-7222.
TOMBALL PREGNANCY CENTER
- Disposable Diapers – sizes 3, 4 and 5 – URGENT Need. Given to clients as part of the earn-while-you-learn parenting program.
- Baby Wipes
- Cleaning Crew – 1 time per week. We need light cleaning on an on-going basis, and a deep cleaning initially (windows and blinds).
- Baby Wipes