ALDINE FAMILY HOPE CENTER
- Commercial Ice Machine – For after school program. Need ASAP (New or gently used)
- Digital Cameras – 2 with Memory Cards. To be used for Program activities, events and for outreach, networking and donations. Need ASAP.
- Children’s books – Educational – ages 6-12, novels, paper back, hard cover and e-books. For our library. Need ASAP.
- Storage Cabinets – 2- Metal, Locking, 36x24x72, for our Teen Enrichment Academy. Need ASAP (New or gently used)
- Male Mentors (Age 25 -35) for Teen Boys (ages 14-18)
2 adult male mentors needed to help encourage teen boys in our Teen Enrichment Academy Program. Mentor should have good communication skills and patience. Mentor must be able to keep the teens engaged with activities (sports, games & meetings). Need 1 mentor on Monday & Wednesday and 1 mentor on Tuesday & Thursdays. Asking mentors to consistently volunteer 2 hour shifts, twice a week (4:30pm- 6:30pm). Mentors will need to complete our Volunteer Registration Form online at the website listed above and contact the Aldine office to schedule an appointment at (281)449-4828.
- 4 Resale Shop Volunteer (Female or Male Age 25 & Up) must be able to lift 25 pounds, climb, bend, pull and sit or stand for long periods of time:
Volunteers are needed shop to help sort, hang, organize and stock clothing and household items. We are asking volunteers to consistently volunteer 2-4 hours per week between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:00pm, Mon-Fri. Volunteers will need to complete our Volunteer Registration Form online the website listed above and contact Mary Chong (resale shop manager) to schedule an appointment at (281)449-4835 or our main office, (281)449-4828.
- $5 Gift Cards – 10-20 cards for our Teen Enrichment Academy – to various restaurants. Gift cards are used as incentives to reward our teens for class participation, team building exercises and attendance. Need ASAP.
BUCKNER CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES
- Pots & Pans for Family Place residents. Needed ASAP.
- Towel sets 6-10 for Family Place residents. Needed ASAP.
- Dishes/glasses/cups – for Family Place residents. Needed ASAP. Please consider adult and kid-friendly plates, cups, etc.
- Washer/Dryer – 2 of each, for Family Place residents. Electric dryers only please. Standard size. Help with delivery is appreciated. Needed ASAP.
- Childcare for Foster Care parent trainings. Many times, potential foster parents need help with childcare during the training required to become a certified foster family. These trainings typically occur on weekends. Must be at least 18 and pass criminal background check, etc. Conroe
- Clerical help for Foster Care. Filing, organizing, etc. This volunteer opportunity occurs during office hours (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday). Training provided; must be 18 and pass criminal background check, etc. – Conroe
- Gardening at Conroe office property. Planting flowers, maintaining flowers beds, etc. This opportunity is appropriate for individuals or groups and the time/date is flexible. – Conroe
- Gasoline gift cards for Family Place families. All of our residents provide their own transportation and the cost of gasoline is sometimes a hardship for them.
- Paper products and cleaning supplies for Family Place families. This includes paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, baby wipes, all purpose cleaners, laundry detergent, etc.
CARE NET PREGNANCY CENTER
- Maternity Clothes – New/Gently Worn – All sizes.
- New Baby Items – clothing, blankets, bottles, shoes, etc. Up to size 18 months. These items are used to stock our Baby Boutique, where clients shop with Baby Bucks earned in our educational classes.
- Refrigerator with Ice Maker (One for employee/volunteer break area)
- Conference table seating 10 (for board meeting area)
- Office Chairs 10 for conference table in board meeting area
- Copy machines in good working order (Two – one for administrative area and one for client services area)
- Attend our Ministry Tour and Breakfast on Friday, January 16, 2015 at 8:30am. Come see what Care Net is all about and how we serve our community! Invite your pastor, church members and business contacts to attend with you. Call Jerrie at 281.444.8554 to let us know you are coming so we can plan for breakfast.
- LifeWay & Mardel bookstores will be collecting to provide Bibles or the women we serve through Tyndale Publishing. The Bibles are specifically targeted to pregnant women. Go by LifeWay or Mardel to donate Bibles to Care Net Pregnancy Centers.
- Gift Cards – Walmart, Target, etc. to be given to clients or used to purchase needed items for distribution.
CY-FAIR HELPING HANDS
- Professional Lawn Equipment – for lawn service business we are starting this Spring, to employ homeless teens. Need ASAP.
- Truck & Trailer – for lawn services business we are starting this Spring, to employ homeless teens. Need ASAP.
- Larger Facility – We are growing rapidly. We need a larger space. Must be inexpensive and stay within the 290/FM 1960 area to continue meeting the needs of our clients.
- Strategic Plan Expert – to help us put together a plan and a course of action.
- Fundraising Strategy Expert – to assist us in fundraising.
- Office and Pantry staff – 3 hr per day commitment. 1-5 shifts per week. Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:30am to 12:30 pm and Thursday from 4pm to 7pm. BILINGUAL a blessing! Contact Suzanne at Suzanne@cyfairhelpinghands.org
- Data Entry – 2-4 hours per week. This volunteer will enter all client information and visits into our new database. May involve a couple hours of training. Contact Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy Paper
- Full size toiletries
- Household cleaning products
- Shelf-stable milk
- Canned pasta, soup, meat.
- Dry pasta, beans, rice
- Paper products Toilet paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels.
- Gallon-size Zip-Loc bags to pack street bags.
- Gift Cards. Preferably Wal-Mart or Kroger. Given to clients for gas.
- Metro cards – given to clients for transportation
- We welcome “ride-along” when we do outreach – on Mondays and/or Wednesdays. If anyone is interested in doing this, contact Gwen Franke at email@example.com.
- We also offer tours during office hours.
- We can facilitate scout groups holding meetings at our office and packing street bags as an activity.
HOME PLACE OF TEXAS
- Cordless Drill – New (Used ones donated to us are not holding a charge). We would like a Dewalt Drill 20-volt Max Litium-ion cordless drill/driver kit #DCD771C2. Cost at Home Depot is $119.
- Shelves – Rubbermaid, plastic – 3ft wide x 6ft tall – for our store room.
- Dolly – 2 wheel
- Cart – 4 wheel with 2 sections to transport items around the building and to teach participants office protocol.
- Hand Dryers – (blowers) for restrooms and installation to cut down on paper waste.
- Orange Cones – 6-8 to mark off parking lot during fitness. We will lose back grassy area when construction begins on Strack Farm restaurant property so we are doing safety training for participants in parking lot.
- Marquee Sign – Need letter sign for top front of our building facing Louetta Road.
- Clerical/Administrative Assistant – FULL TIME/PAID POSITION – Reception, perform data entry, process invoices, update website, process donations and communicate with guests, parents and participants.
- Lunch Assistant – 12-1 M-F. On assigned day, volunteer will assist participants with: microwaves, handling lunch items, clean up, proper lunch etiquette, and engaging in appropriate activity after eating.
- Fitness Assistant – 11-12 M-F On assigned day, volunteer will assist staff during fitness by: joining participants in walking, basketball, games, stretching, relays, and other outdoor activities.
- Teaching Assistant – 10-11 or 2-3 M-F. For art, music, work stations, coupon cutting, writing, engaging in team projects.
- Bible Study Assistant – Wed 4-6. Assist with supervising operation of Home Place Snack Hut; assisting participants with singing, following along with the lesson, and being picked up at 6pm.
- Copy paper and ink
- toilet tissue; paper towels; napkins
- hand sanitizer refill
- Clorox wipes
- plastic ware; paper cups
- notebook paper
- Solar Lights – 36 – for our Prayer Garden as well as our path to front door.
- Trash bags Large, heavy duty, 33 gallon, black
- Trash bags Large, heavy duty, kitchen
- Ceramic Tile – for new bathrooms (3) shower and tub areas.
- New Lawnmower – with adjustable levels for mowing and attachable rear bag.
- Construction teams who want to help finish our Children’s Activity Building;
- Ceramic Tile – lay ceramic tile in bathroom walls and floors
- Construction teams – to work on our Children’s Activity Building nailing wine corks on interior wall. Anyone who knows how to use a nail gun is welcome.
- Indiviuals, families or church/civic groups to help decoupage our ceiling panels and countertops in the children’s building.
- Trash bags – Large white and XLG Black heavy duty for leaves
- Plastic Forks
- Styrofoam Coffee Cups – 6-8 oz
- Dryer Sheets – softener
MISSION CENTERS OF HOUSTON
- Pots & Pans – Commercial Grade for our kitchen, which is used by onsite staff all year and 20 summer missionaries. Need ASAP.
- Kitchen Knives – Commercial Grade for our kitchen. Need ASAP.
- Laptops (Windows 7 or 8) – 3 – new – for use at the Food Pantry ministry at the Gano Center.
- Document scanner (sheet-fed for documents, not flat-bed for photos) for our Admin office. New.
- Lawnmower – for the Fletcher Center for yard work at the center and at our neighbor’s homes.
- Light bulbs – 12-24 – fluorescent T8 – for our Admin Building.
- Upright vacuums – 3 – (industrial preferred), 1 for each of our centers. New.
- Plastic Tables – One 6-foot & one 8-foot, white table -for ministry use at the Gano
- Tablecloth covers – 5 rolls – plastic – for Senior Adult ministry and after school programs at Joy Center.
- Baby Swing – New or Gently Used. For the nursery at Joy Center. Need ASAP.
- Baby Dolls – New or Gently used. For the nursery at Joy Center. Need ASAP.
- Brooms – Industrial. 2 new for the Fletcher Center. Need ASAP.
- Mop Buckets – Commercial. 2 New or used for the Fletcher Center. Need ASAP.
- Lift operator and lift are needed at the Fletcher Center to change numerous light bulbs in the gym.
- Unload food deliveries – 1-2 volunteers needed to unload food deliveries for the Food Pantry at Gano on Monday’s from2-3pm.
- Food Pantry Helpers – 1-2 adults needed to work in the Food Pantry at Gano on Wednesday mornings from 9am-noon.
- Home Depot Gift Cards – $125 to purchase 5 gallons of white paint for interior painting at the Fletcher Center.
- Hobby Lobby Gift Cards – $300 to purchase craft items for Children’s and Senior Adult ministry at Joy Center.
MISSION OF YAHWEH
- Disposable Diapers & Pull-ups – 100 – sizes 3, 4, 5, 6
- Infant clothing – sizes up to 24 months
- Socks & Underwear – for Children – all sizes
- Deodorant – 100 – Women’s
- Volunteers to help in our newly remodeled Thrift Store. 1-2 days a week for 3-4 hours a day, All positions needed from Cashier, Stock room, Intake Sorters, In-kind donations. Requirements: some retail experience and customer service orientation
- Volunteers to help with Child Care for children ages 2-13, Evenings and Weekend Events/ 1-2 hours once a week, month or one-time events, Great project for Girl Scouts and youth groups that are 14 years and older
- Tutors – For women & children residents.
- Mentors – For women residents – minimum commitment 1 hour per week for 6 weeks.
SHIELD BEARER COUNSELING CENTERS
- Power Standby – 1 – 300 watt (6 hours minimum)
- Literature Organinzer – for staff correspondence – Minimum 30 pocket
- Display Cabinet – dark wook preferred
- Swivel Chairs – 2 (teal preferred) for office waiting room
- Coffee Table – 1 for office
- Loveseat – 1, dark brown preferred – for office.
- Console Table – 1, dark cherry preferred – for office.
- Area Rug – 5×7 – beige with blue preferred – for office.
- Children’s Table & Chairs – Natural wood preferred – for office.
- Curtains – 2 panels, 50×108 – blue waffle pattern preferred.
- Custom Wall Decal – Royal Blue Logo, 40×12, with ShieldBearer.org instead of fightingforhearts.org
- Toy Basket/Box – for office.
- Club Chairs – 2, Brown vinyl preferred.
- Cube Organizer – with fabric drawers.
- Wall Art – 2 – Botanical paintings/prints – Green/Gray preferred. 40”.
- Love Seat – Gray woven fabric preferred.
- Toys – 40 – Small (ages 3&up) for New Child Client Goodie Bags
- Step Ladder – 3’ or 4’
- Family Movies – DVDs – G Rated for reception area
- Journals – 40 – for New Female Clients and Teens
- eBay Auctioneer – (2 hours monthly) – Enjoy an active experience on Ebay? Consider helping us set up a nonprofit auction site and post items that are donated but we cannot use to be auctioned online as a fundraiser.
- General Handy Man – (2 hours weekly, must have own vehicle and DL, insurance). Pick up donation items and supplies and move them from one office to another. Some lifting abilities required and must be able to drive your own vehicle.
- Office Greeter – (Weekly commitment for Volunteer to choose 1 or more of Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. 3PM -7PM shift, Must be 18yrs or older) – Use your gifts of hospitality in welcoming clients to their appointments and greeting visitors as they enter the office. Office Greeters usually enjoy connecting with others through hospitality.
- Volunteer Appreciation Event Coordinator – (4 meetings of 2 hrs each between now and end of October. Experience preferred) – Do you love throwing parties and are you gifted with attention to detail? This might be the right fit for your talents.
- Volunteer Coordinator – (10 hours weekly) – Help us connect volunteers with people who are willing and able to help us help other people. Preference given to experience with churches and other volunteer organizations.
- Gift Cards – 5 – valued at $25 for Gas (Chevron, Walmart, Etc.) for Volunteers
- Copy Paper – 1 case
- Plastic Disposable Bowls – Case
- Batteries – 12 – AA; 12 – AAA
- LED Light Bulbs – 24 – regular size for lamps
- Monthly Community Breakfast – Tuesday, February 3, 9-10AM. Shield-Bearer Central Office, 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. Our free monthly community breakfast is a great way for potential volunteers, employees or supporters to come learn more about this ministry. Discover the story behind the Shield-Bearer name and hear what God is doing through us to serve those who would otherwise be turned away. Find how you can join in Shield-Bearer’s mission. RSVP to events@ShieldBearer.org or 281-894-7222.
TOMBALL PREGNANCY CENTER
- Silent Auction Items – Valued over $150 – Example: House for a weekend getaway, tickets to sporting events, etc. For upcoming benefit. Need ASAP.
- New Mommy Bag Items – provided to all of our clients with newborns: (25) gifts. Popular items are: $5-10 gift card, lotion, slippers, nail polish, etc.
- Committee members – for benefit dinner, held in February. Attend monthly meetings starting in October through February of 2015. Will assist in whatever capacity necessary for planning of the fundraiser.
- Professionals to teach group classes. Any single mom’s or dad’s willing to share their success story, about being a parent & working. Can be a one- time class, monthly or quarterly, whatever works with your schedule.
- Consultants – meet with clients & assist with pregnancy test, education classes and direct them to resources. Training is required & will be held in October. Biggest need is on Monday & Tuesday evenings from 4pm – 8pm & Wednesdays 10am – 3pm.
- Boutique Organizer – for Wee Care Boutique, sort through donations brought in, and put items in proper places in boutique or storage bins, hours are flexible.
- Diapers Size 4 & 5
- Baby Wipes
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels
- Copy Paper
- Benefit Dinner & Auction – February 28, 2015 @ Chandelier Grove in Tomball.
- Tours can be scheduled for any groups or individuals at any time, just call Center @ 832-559-7817 or e-mail Kelly @ firstname.lastname@example.org.