- Running Board – for 2010 Ford 15-Passenger van to help our kids, clients and staff enter and exit safely. Need ASAP
- Patio Set – All weather, for Teen Enrichment Academy to allow teens to work on projects outside. Need by February 29, 2015
- Vinyl Banner – 16×16 for Resale Shop – to identify our resale facility from the street. Need ASAP.
- Commercial Weed Eater – To keep flowerbeds and grounds maintained. Need ASAP.
- Tournament Chess Sets – (2) for Youth Chess Club. Need ASAP.
- Chef Hats & Aprons – (25) for Youth World Culture cooking classes. Need ASAP.
- Art Supplies – (60) Water colors and paper, sketching pencils and paper for our Youth Art Club. Need ASAP.
- Painter(s) – to paint the outside of Renewed Blessings Resale Shop – 2 portable buildings, both are 30ft. x 60ft. with 9ft walls OR donation of paint and supplies. Need ASAP.
- Mechanic – for vehicle diagnostic check for 2 of our facility vans: 2011 Chevy (12-Passenger) and 2010 Ford (15-Passenger) – to ensure vans are ready for the upcoming heavy summer use. Need ASAP.
- Gardener(s) – to help with flower bed make-over and replanting of seasonal vegetables and herbs in our 40×20 Food Garden – which is used to teach our Youth and Teens about nutrition, healthy eating habits and the benefits of growing your own food. Need ASAP.
- Bilingual Bible Study Teacher – Adult Bible Study for one consistent day each week, either Mon, Wed. or Thurs. 12:30pm-1:30pm. Need for March & April.
- $5 Gift Cards – 10-20 cards for our Teen Enrichment Academy – to various restaurants. Gift cards are used as incentives to reward our teens for class participation, team building exercises and attendance. Need ASAP.
- Small Trophies – for our three Youth Clubs: Chess Club, World Culture Club & Art Club
- Car Seats & Booster Seats – (4) Toddler Car Seats and (8) Booster Seats for children of Family Place clients who are transporting to Family Place Camp in March. Needed ASAP.
- Candy-filled Easter Eggs – (300) for children participating in our Annual Easter Egg Hunt in Conroe. Needed by March 1.
- Easter Baskets – (25) for children participating in our Annual Easter Egg Hunt in Conroe. Needed by March 1.
- Office Desks – (2) for our expanding office needs. Needed ASAP.
- Easter Bunny – someone to dress up as for our Annual Easter Egg Hunt. (We already have the suit!)
- Food Prep & Servers – (3) people to help with serving hot dogs, chips and other awesome refreshments.
- Crafters – (2) to help staff with craft and activity stations for the children participating.
- Photographer – event photos and Easter Bunny Photos.
- Gardening at Conroe office property. Planting flowers, maintaining flowers beds, etc. This opportunity is appropriate for individuals or groups and the time/date is flexible. – Conroe
- Gasoline gift cards for Family Place families. All of our residents provide their own transportation and the cost of gasoline is sometimes a hardship for them.
- Paper products and cleaning supplies for Family Place families. This includes paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, baby wipes, all purpose cleaners, laundry detergent, etc.
- Maternity Clothes – New/Gently Worn – All sizes.
- New Baby Items – clothing, blankets, bottles, shoes, etc. Up to size 18 months. These items are used to stock our Baby Boutique, where clients shop with Baby Bucks earned in our educational classes.
- Conference table seating 10 (for board meeting area)
- Office Chairs 10 for conference table in board meeting area
- Attend our Ministry Tour and Breakfast on Friday, January 16, 2015 at 8:30am. Come see what Care Net is all about and how we serve our community! Invite your pastor, church members and business contacts to attend with you. Call Jerrie at 281.444.8554 to let us know you are coming so we can plan for breakfast.
- LifeWay & Mardel bookstores will be collecting to provide Bibles or the women we serve through Tyndale Publishing. The Bibles are specifically targeted to pregnant women. Go by LifeWay or Mardel to donate Bibles to Care Net Pregnancy Centers.
- Computer Expertise – to coordinate with online appointment calendar with the Excel spreadsheet we use internally to schedule appointments.
- Handyman – Center maintenance, upkeep and odd jobs.
- Gift Cards – Walmart, Target, etc. to be given to clients or used to purchase needed items for distribution.
- Professional Lawn Equipment – for lawn service business we are starting this Spring, to employ homeless teens. Need ASAP.
- Truck & Trailer – for lawn services business we are starting this Spring, to employ homeless teens. Need ASAP.
- Larger Facility – We are growing rapidly. We need a larger space. Must be inexpensive and stay within the 290/FM 1960 area to continue meeting the needs of our clients.
- Strategic Plan Expert – to help us put together a plan and a course of action.
- Fundraising Strategy Expert – to assist us in fundraising.
- Office and Pantry staff – 3 hr per day commitment. 1-5 shifts per week. Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:30am to 12:30 pm and Thursday from 4pm to 7pm. BILINGUAL a blessing! Contact Suzanne at Suzanne@cyfairhelpinghands.org
- Data Entry – 2-4 hours per week. This volunteer will enter all client information and visits into our new database. May involve a couple hours of training. Contact Linda at email@example.com
- Social Media – Volunteer(s) to help manage our social media – Facebook posts, Twitter, Newsletter, Website, etc.
- Copy Paper
- Full size toiletries
- Household cleaning products
- Shelf-stable milk
- Canned pasta, soup, meat.
- Dry pasta, beans, rice
- Paper products Toilet paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels.
- Gallon-size Zip-Loc bags to pack street bags.
- Gift Cards. Preferably Wal-Mart or Kroger. Given to clients for gas.
- Metro cards – given to clients for transportation
- We welcome “ride-along” when we do outreach – on Mondays and/or Wednesdays. If anyone is interested in doing this, contact Gwen Franke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also offer tours during office hours.
- We can facilitate scout groups holding meetings at our office and packing street bags as an activity.
- Easels – (2) floor & (2) table top easels for art projects and display at fairs, workshops, etc. They should be able to hold about 28”x32”. Needed by March 2.
- Canvases – (75) Assortment of sizes for word art (scripture, etc.).
- Water Color Pencils – (not map/colored pencils). These will help artists with word art projects.
- Lowes Gift Cards & Home Depot – to be used for maintenance items and training items like screws, nails, locks, curtain rods, plumbing, cleaning, etc. Need by March 1.
- Landscaping – One time need – trimming of plants/bushes in Feb or early March at Home Place residence in Champions Park.
- Lunch Assistant – 12-1 M-F. On assigned day, volunteer will assist participants with: microwaves, handling lunch items, clean up, proper lunch etiquette, and engaging in appropriate activity after eating.
- Fitness Assistant – 11-12 M-F On assigned day, volunteer will assist staff during fitness by: joining participants in walking, basketball, games, stretching, relays, and other outdoor activities.
- Teaching Assistant – 10-11 or 2-3 M-F. For art, music, work stations, coupon cutting, writing, engaging in team projects.
- Bible Study Assistant – Wed 4-6. Assist with supervising operation of Home Place Snack Hut; assisting participants with singing, following along with the lesson, and being picked up at 6pm.
- Copy paper and ink
- toilet tissue; paper towels; napkins
- hand sanitizer refill
- Clorox wipes
- plastic ware; paper cups
- notebook paper
- Space Heaters – Ceramic for guest bedrooms.
- Tables – Fiberglass, (found at SAM’s for about $40 each) for art in our Children’s Building.
- Faux Wood Blinds – for windows in our Children’s Building.
- Solar Path Lights – (36) for our front flower beds to light path to our door.
- New Lawnmower – with adjustable levels for mowing and attachable rear bag.
- Construction teams – to work on our Children’s Activity Building : art – work on mosaic tile floor, countertops, nail up poke-a-dot lids, etc.
- Indiviuals, families or church/civic groups to help decoupage our ceiling panels and countertops in the children’s building.
- Planters – to plant new plants in prayer garden and front flower beds in March/April.
- Stamps – (200 per month) Forever or 1st Class
- Laundry Detergent – HE compatible
- Trash bags – Large white and XLG Black heavy duty for leaves
- Plastic Forks
- Styrofoam Coffee Cups – 6-8 oz
- Dryer Sheets – softener
- Pots & Pans – Commercial Grade for our kitchen, which is used by onsite staff all year and 20 summer missionaries. Need ASAP.
- Kitchen Knives – Commercial Grade for our kitchen. Need ASAP.
- Laptops (Windows 7 or 8) – 3 – new – for use at the Food Pantry ministry at the Gano Center.
- Document scanner (sheet-fed for documents, not flat-bed for photos) for our Admin office. New.
- Lawnmower – for the Fletcher Center for yard work at the center and at our neighbor’s homes.
- Light bulbs – 12-24 – fluorescent T8 – for our Admin Building.
- Upright vacuums – 3 – (industrial preferred), 1 for each of our centers. New.
- Plastic Tables – One 6-foot & one 8-foot, white table -for ministry use at the Gano
- Tablecloth covers – 5 rolls – plastic – for Senior Adult ministry and after school programs at Joy Center.
- Baby Swing – New or Gently Used. For the nursery at Joy Center. Need ASAP.
- Baby Dolls – New or Gently used. For the nursery at Joy Center. Need ASAP.
- Brooms – Industrial. 2 new for the Fletcher Center. Need ASAP.
- Mop Buckets – Commercial. 2 New or used for the Fletcher Center. Need ASAP.
- Unload food deliveries – 1-2 volunteers needed to unload food deliveries for the Food Pantry at Gano on Monday’s from2-3pm.
- Food Pantry Helpers – 1-2 adults needed to work in the Food Pantry at Gano on Wednesday mornings from 9am-noon.
- Home Depot Gift Cards – $125 to purchase 5 gallons of white paint for interior painting at the Fletcher Center.
- Hobby Lobby Gift Cards – $300 to purchase craft items for Children’s and Senior Adult ministry at Joy Center.
- Disposable Diapers & Pull-ups – 100 – sizes 3, 4, 5, 6
- Deodorant – 100 – Women’s
- Furniture – and home accessory donations for residents completing the program and for neighborhood Thrift Store
- Clothing – Professional men/women for residents and neighbors
- Volunteers to help in our newly remodeled Thrift Store. 1-2 days a week for 3-4 hours a day, All positions needed from Cashier, Stock room, Intake Sorters, In-kind donations. Requirements: some retail experience and customer service orientation
- Volunteers to help with Child Care for children ages 2-13, Evenings and Weekend Events/ 1-2 hours once a week, month or one-time events, Great project for Girl Scouts and youth groups that are 14 years and older
- Tutors – For women & children residents.
- Mentors – For women residents – minimum commitment 1 hour per week for 6 weeks.
- Goodie Bags – (10) for Valentine’s Couple Retreat
- Power Standby – 1 – 300 watt (6 hours minimum)
- Literature Organizer – for staff correspondence – Minimum 30 pocket
- Display Cabinet – dark wood preferred
- Swivel Chairs – 2 (teal preferred) for office waiting room
- Coffee Table – 1 for office
- Loveseat – 1, dark brown preferred – for office.
- Console Table – 1, dark cherry preferred – for office.
- Area Rug – 5×7 – beige with blue preferred – for office.
- Children’s Table & Chairs – Natural wood preferred – for office.
- Curtains – 2 panels, 50×108 – blue waffle pattern preferred.
- Custom Wall Decal – Royal Blue Logo, 40×12, with ShieldBearer.org instead of fightingforhearts.org
- Toy Basket/Box – for office.
- Club Chairs – 2, Brown vinyl preferred.
- Cube Organizer – with fabric drawers.
- Wall Art – 2 – Botanical paintings/prints – Green/Gray preferred. 40”.
- Love Seat – Gray woven fabric preferred.
- Toys – 40 – Small (ages 3&up) for New Child Client Goodie Bags
- Step Ladder – 3’ or 4’
- Family Movies – DVDs – G Rated for reception area
- Journals – 40 – for New Female Clients and Teens
- Commercial Real Estate Expert – to consult with purchasing a central office in NW Houston in 2015 (3500 sqft or larger multi-tenant building).
- Office Greeter – (Weekly commitment for Volunteer to choose 1 or more of Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. 3PM -7PM shift, Must be 18yrs or older) – Use your gifts of hospitality in welcoming clients to their appointments and greeting visitors as they enter the office. Office Greeters usually enjoy connecting with others through hospitality.
- Volunteer Appreciation Event Coordinator – (4 meetings of 2 hrs each between now and end of October. Experience preferred) – Do you love throwing parties and are you gifted with attention to detail? This might be the right fit for your talents.
- Volunteer Coordinator – (10 hours weekly) – Help us connect volunteers with people who are willing and able to help us help other people. Preference given to experience with churches and other volunteer organizations.
- Gift Cards – 7 – valued at $25 for Gas (Chevron, Walmart, Etc.) for Volunteers
- Copy Paper – 1 case
- Plastic Disposable Bowls – Case
- Batteries – 12 – AA; 12 – AAA
- LED Light Bulbs – 24 – regular size for lamps
- Legal Pads – White ruled, (1) case
- Monthly Community Breakfast – Tuesday, March 3, 9-10AM. Shield-Bearer Central Office, 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. Our free monthly community breakfast is a great way for potential volunteers, employees or supporters to come learn more about this ministry. Discover the story behind the Shield-Bearer name and hear what God is doing through us to serve those who would otherwise be turned away. Find how you can join in Shield-Bearer’s mission. RSVP to events@ShieldBearer.org or 281-894-7222.
- Silent Auction Items – Valued over $150 – Example: House for a weekend getaway, tickets to sporting events, etc. For upcoming benefit. Need ASAP.
- Antique/Custom Furniture
- White Chocolates/Appetizer Tray – to finish a wine tasting package.
- Clorox Wipes – very low on cleaning supplies.
- Round Tables – (15) 60” round tables to borrow for Benefit Dinner.
- New Mommy Bag Items – provided to all of our clients with newborns: (25) gifts. Popular items are: $5-10 gift card, lotion, slippers, nail polish, etc.
- Professionals to teach group classes. Any single mom’s or dad’s willing to share their success story, about being a parent & working. Can be a one- time class, monthly or quarterly, whatever works with your schedule.
- Consultants – meet with clients & assist with pregnancy test, education classes and direct them to resources. Training is required & will be held in October. Biggest need is on Monday & Tuesday evenings from 4pm – 8pm & Wednesdays 10am – 3pm.
- Boutique Organizer – for Wee Care Boutique, sort through donations brought in, and put items in proper places in boutique or storage bins, hours are flexible.
- Diapers Size 4 & 5
- Baby Wipes
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels
- Copy Paper
- Benefit Dinner & Auction – February 28, 2015 @ Chandelier Grove in Tomball.
- Tours can be scheduled for any groups or individuals at any time, just call Center @ 832-559-7817 or e-mail Kelly @ email@example.com.