BUCKNER CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
Aldine Family Hope Center
- Hanging Hooks – 60 – Sturdy hanging hooks for After School Program kids to hang their backpacks and coats on. Need ASAP
- Electric Heaters – 2 – Tower stand, portable for After School Program. Need by Oct. 30th.
- Commercial Ice Machine – For after school program. Need ASAP (New or gently used)
- Field Trip T-Shirts – 120 – with printing, various sizes for 2014-2015 after school program and teen enrichment academy. Need ASAP (New)
- Storage Cabinets – 2- Metal, Locking, 36x24x72, for our Teen Enrichment Academy. Need ASAP (New or gently used)
- Commercial Grade Cookware to prepare dinner for our Annual Thanksgiving Dinner. 16Qt & 24Qt Stock Pots, 12in., 14in. & 16in. Fry Pans, multiple sizes of Sauce Pans, Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls and ¼ size Aluminum Sheet Pans. Need by Sept. 30th (New or gently used)
- Display Mannequins – 5 -10 – for our resale shop. Need ASAP (New or gently used)
Family Place & Foster Care Programs
- Dish Sets & Glasses/Cups for new Family Place families. Two sets of each needed ASAP. Please consider both, adult and kid friendly plates, cups, etc.
- Computer Desk for a new resident at Family Place-Conroe who would like a place at home to study and do her schoolwork. Needed ASAP.
- Washers and Dryers– 2 of each, for new Family Place residents. Electric dryers, please. All standard size. Help with delivery is greatly appreciated. Needed ASAP.
- Food Baskets/Grocery Gift Cards – 15- for Thanksgiving – Family Place families. Food baskets can include: turkey or ham, green beans, potatoes, stuffing mix, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, etc. Needed by November 19.
- Power Washing at Conroe office property. Our exterior cinder block fence, driveway and other areas could benefit from a good power wash. Please be able to provide power washing equipment. This opportunity is for professionals or volunteers with appropriate equipment/skills. Time and date is flexible.
ALL Buckner volunteers must now register and sign up for volunteer opportunities through our online volunteer system. Contact Cari Latimer with any questions concerning this process. The volunteer website is: www.buckner.org/volunteer. Search “Houston” for our local opportunities. The following opportunities are posted there:
- Male Mentors (Age 25 -35) for Teen Boys (ages 14-18): Aldine Family Hope Center
2 adult male mentors needed to help encourage teen boys in our Teen Enrichment Academy Program. Mentor should have good communication skills and patience. Mentor must be able to keep the teens engaged with activities (sports, games & meetings). Need 1 mentor on Monday & Wednesday and 1 mentor on Tuesday & Thursdays. Asking mentors to consistently volunteer 2 hour shifts, twice a week (4:30pm- 6:30pm). Mentors will need to complete our Volunteer Registration Form online at the website listed above and contact the Aldine office to schedule an appointment at (281)449-4828.
- Thanksgiving Dinner Sponsor – We are hosting a Thanksgiving Dinner event with our Family Place families in Conroe. Event date: November 24th from 5pm-7pm
- Christmas Sponsors for Family Place families – volunteers will have the opportunity to provide Christmas gifts. 18 Sponsors needed. Need by December 15.
- Childcare for Foster Care parent trainings. Many times, potential foster parents need help with childcare during the training required to become a certified foster family. These trainings typically occur on weekends. Must be at least 18 and pass criminal background check, etc. Conroe
- Clerical help for Foster Care. Filing, organizing, etc. This volunteer opportunity occurs during office hours (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday). Training provided; must be 18 and pass criminal background check, etc. – Conroe
- Gardening at Conroe office property. Planting flowers, maintaining flowers beds, etc. This opportunity is appropriate for individuals or groups and the time/date is flexible. – Conroe
- $5 Gift Cards -25 – to various fast food restaurants for Aldine Family Hope Center’s Teen Enrichment Program as incentives and prizes.
- Gasoline gift cards for Family Place families. All of our residents provide their own transportation and the cost of gasoline is sometimes a hardship for them.
- Paper products and cleaning supplies for Family Place families. This includes paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, baby wipes, all purpose cleaners, laundry detergent, etc.
CARE NET PREGNANCY CENTERS OF NORTHWEST HOUSTON
- iPads – 6 – for use during appointments to show fetal development and information on pregnancy options to the women.
- DVD Players – 4 – for use in appointment rooms at Cypress location.
- Computer Monitors – 4 – screen under 15” for use in appointment rooms at Cypress location.
- Refrigerator with Ice Maker (One for employee/volunteer break area)
- Conference table seating 10 (for board meeting area)
- Office Chairs 10 for conference table in board meeting area
- Copy machines in good working order (Two – one for administrative area and one for client services area)
- Microwave Oven (for employee/volunteer break area)
- Fax machine/desktop copiers (Two – one for Nurse Manager and one for admin area)
- Office desks – 5 – for staff offices
- Videographer to help put together a donor communication video concerning our planned satellite location in Cypress. Video to be presented to churches and individual donors to solicit financial support for building the satellite location. Need by Nov 1st.
- Care Staff – Provide information to women making a pregnancy decision. Advocate for Life, share Christ, and save lives, now and for eternity. 2-4 hour shifts available on Mon. from 10-5 and Tues.-Thur. from 10-8. Commit to one shift per week. Must be over 21. Training provided. Contact Kim Zollo @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 281.444.8554.
- Gift Cards – for clients; Walmart, Target, Kroger, etc.
- Personal Tours available by appointment. Please contact, Mona Parish for more information.
CY-FAIR HELPING HANDS
- Lawn Service Equipment (professional preferred) – we have been awarded a Community Building grant to start a lawn service to employ our clients. Minimal equipment was written into the grant. We need the following equipment: Wheelbarrows, tools (i.e., hoes, rakes, clippers, shovels, etc.), gas powered blowers and commercial riding mowers. Need ASAP.
- Used Vehicle (car or truck) for one of our clients. A family of 5 living in a motel room. Need ASAP.
- Paper Products (plates, cups, napkins, plastic silverware) for our Second Annual Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving Day. Need by November 15.
- Flashlights – for our clients on the street as night begins to fall earlier.
- Lawn Service Advisor – to help us with incorporating, liability insurance, marketing, etc. We need to be sure that we do not compromise our non-profit status while making the lawn service profitable.
- Website Assistance – Our current host is Yahoo. We would like to change this to GoDaddy as well as our e-mail.
- Strategic Plan Expert – to help us put together a plan and a course of action.
- Printer – For fliers and banners – at a low cost.
- Fundraising Strategy Expert – to assist us in fundraising.
- Moving Assistance – We will be moving our office around the corner to shared space on October 11th.
- Office and Pantry staff – 3 hr per day commitment. 1-5 shifts per week. Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:30am to 12:30 pm and Thursday from 4pm to 7pm. BILINGUAL a blessing!
- Client Management Staff – with social work background/experience to help our clients navigate the “system” and, in turn, help CFHH become more effective with donor dollars. 3+ hrs per week. We schedule clients according to volunteers’ availability.
- Full-Size Toiletries
- Peanut Butter
- Shelf-stable milk
- Canned pasta, soup, meat.
- Dry pasta, beans, rice
- Paper products Toilet paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels.
- Gallon-size Zip-Loc bags to pack street bags.
- Gift Cards. Preferably Wal-Mart or Kroger. Given to clients for gas.
- Metro cards – given to clients for transportation
- We welcome “ride-alongs” when we do outreach – on Mondays and/or Wednesdays. If anyone is interested in doing this, contact Gwen Franke at email@example.com.
- We also offer tours during office hours. Contact Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We can facilitate scout groups holding meetings at our office and packing street bags as an activity. Contact Suzanne at email@example.com.
HOME PLACE OF TEXAS
HPOT Turkey Trot Fun$raiser will be Nov. 1 at 10 am at Northland Christian High School. We need:
- Digial Wall Clock – for out training room.
- Texas Flag – for the pledge.
- Ear pieces – for 4 Walky Talkies to be used outside between staff. Need by Nov 1.
- Locked Cabinet – with deep shelves for our snack hut.
- Tents – 2 – Pop Up Awning type tents for outside activities. Need by Nov 1.
- Paper – Inexpensive, white – for Turkey Trot participants to use for drawing.
- Plates/Cutlery/Napkins – 250 – Paper, plastic – for our Turkey Trot. Need by Nov 1.
- Gift cards valued at $100 each – 10 – for First place prizes; one for winner of Individual Walker, one for Individual Runner; four for Team Walkers (4 people), and four for Team Runners (4).
- Gift cards valued at $50 – 10 – for second place
- Gift cards valued for at $25 – 10 – third place.
- Goody Bags – 200 Items – for participants’: pens, discount cards, office supplies with your advertisement on it, fitness items with your advertisement, fall seasonal items, candy, coupons for services, snacks, etc. This is an opportunity to show you support Home Place of Texas and to advertise your business or charity.
- Teams to participate! $25 gets you a t-shirt and lunch on Nov. 1 at Northland Christian High School. Prizes will be given for best costume too!
- Sponsorships $250 – 10- to cover the cost of t-shirts. All sponsors will have their name/logo printed on t-shirts and be named on our website and in a flyer.
- Servers to help with silent auction and serving lunch, 9:30-12 on Nov. 1
- Photographer/Videographer for Turkey Trot fundraiser on Nov 1.
- Set-up & Tear Down to help set up tables and clean up from about 9-1 on Nov. 1
- Volunteer Coordinator – to develop volunteer program for community helpers to assist us.
- Receptionist – half day a week to answer phone, make copies, sign in visitors, and do simple clerical tasks. Hours are M-F 9-4 so 9-12 and 1-4 would be working hours. There is an application and background check. You will receive training.
- Copy paper and ink
- toilet tissue; paper towels; napkins
- plastic ware; paper cups
- notebook paper
- Tickets – to sporting events, theater, concerts, etc. for our annual golf tournament on Nov. 8th. Need by Nov 1.
- Gift Cards/Certificates – to restaurants, golf courses, etc. for tournament prizes at our annual golf tournament on Nov 8th. Need by Nov 1.
- Water/Soda/Snacks – for snacks at our annual golf tournament. Need by Nov 1.
- Handheld Vacuum – portable, needed to vacuum our steep stairway. Need ASAP.
- Ironing Boards – 2 – and covers for families to use while staying at Hospitality House. Need ASAP.
- Air Compressor – Portable for airing up air mattresses and fixing flats of house guests. Need ASAP.
- Extension Ladder – 12’ can be used or new. Need it to reach our T12 light fixtures on cathedral ceiling.
- Trash bags Large, heavy duty, 33 gallon, black
- Trash bags Large, heavy duty, kitchen
- Construction teams who want to help finish our Children’s Activity Building.
- Plumber to install new tub/shower combo.
- Ceramic Tile – lay ceramic tile in bathroom walls and floors.
- Fence Construction – Professional or Volunteer team to build new wooden fence – ours is falling down on the west side of property
- Group Opportunity – Creative Arts – to help us decoupage our ceiling panels and countertops in the new children’s building.
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Forks
- Styrofoam cups
- Gift Cards to grocery stores to purchase food to prepare for house guests
MISSION CENTERS OF HOUSTON
- Laptops (Windows 7 or 8) – 3 – new – for use at the Food Pantry ministry at the Gano Center.
- Printer – Wireless, New or gently used – for the Joy Center.
- Document scanner (sheet-fed for documents, not flat-bed for photos) for our Admin office. New.
- Lawnmower – for the Fletcher Center for yard work at the center and at our neighbor’s homes.
- Upright vacuums – 3 – (industrial preferred), 1 for each of our centers. New.
- Plastic Tables – One 6-foot & one 8-foot, white table -for ministry use at the Gano
- Tablecloth covers – 5 rolls – plastic – for Senior Adult ministry and after school programs at Joy Center.
- Hobby Lobby gift cards to purchase craft items for Children’s and Senior Adult ministry at Joy Center. The total amount needed for all supplies is $300.
- Lawn service for all 4 properties either at a reduced price or donated.
- Lift operator and lift are needed at the Fletcher Center to change numerous light bulbs in the gym.
- Power Washer – volunteer needed to power wash the exterior of our Admin building. We have a power washer and the work can be done at the volunteer’s convenience.
- Unload food deliveries – 1-2 volunteers needed to unload food deliveries for the Food Pantry at Gano on Monday’s from2-3pm.
- Food Pantry Helpers – 1-2 adults needed to work in the Food Pantry at Gano on Wednesday mornings from 9am-noon.
MISSION OF YAHWEH
- Disposable Diapers & Pull-ups – 100 – sizes 3, 4, 5, 6
- Infant clothing – sizes up to 24 months
- Socks & Underwear – for Children – all sizes
- Deodorant – 100 – Women’s
- Music Instructor for children ages 4 to 13; provide piano lessons and/or develop a children’s choir. Availability would require late afternoons or on Saturdays and would be for 3 to 4 hours per week
- Volunteers to help in our newly remodeled Thrift Store. 1-2 days a week for 3-4 hours a day, All positions needed from Cashier, Stock room, Intake Sorters, In-kind donations. Requirements: some retail experience and customer service orientation
- Volunteers to help with Child Care for children ages 2-13, Evenings and Weekend Events/ 1-2 hours once a week, month or one-time events, Great project for Girl Scouts and youth groups that are 14 years and older
SHIELD BEARER COUNSELING CENTERS
- First Aid Kits – small size
- Pipe Cleaners – for group counseling crafts (need 100 pipe cleaners, not 100 packages)
- Stress Balls – for Teenage Counseling Groups
- Loofas – 40 – Small for New Female Client Goodie Bags
- Toiletries – for new female client Goodie Bags
- Crayons – 40 – Small For New Child Client Goodie Bags
- Toys – 40 – Small (ages 3&up) for New Child Client Goodie Bags
- Step Ladder – 3’ or 4’
- Family Movies – DVDs – G Rated for reception area
- Journals – 40 – for New Female Clients and Teens
- Laptops -2 – Windows 7 – new or used
- Office Desk Chair – adjustable with arm rests
- Data Base Consultant – we have several databases of donors, volunteers, etc. that we need to manage better and are considering purchasing software. We need someone who knows databases that can inform us in order to make a good purchase or ask for the right donation.
- Legacy Giving or Endowment Campaign Consultant – someone to help us think through strategically increasing our opportunities for people to leave a legacy through their generosity that leads to sustainable funding in perpetuity.
- eBay Auctioneer – (2 hours monthly) – Enjoy an active experience on Ebay? Consider helping us set up a nonprofit auction site and post items that are donated but we cannot use to be auctioned online as a fundraiser.
- Delivery Driver – (2 hours weekly, must have own vehicle and DL, insurance) – Pick up donation items and supplies and move them from one office to another. Some lifting abilities required and must be able to drive your own vehicle.
- Volunteers – Celebration of Hope Dinner – November 11th – Bammel Church of Christ (near 1960 & Bammel Rd.) 3pm-7:30pm. Help decorate, greet attendees and pass out certificates, tear down, etc.)
- Booth Attendee – for Shield Bearer Night at Theater. Texas Repertory Theater. October 15th 6:45pm-8:45pm. Arrive in time to set up booth. Stand at booth and hand out brochures.
- Office Greeter – (Weekly commitment for Volunteer to choose 1 or more of Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. 3PM -7PM shift, Must be 18yrs or older) – Use your gifts of hospitality in welcoming clients to their appointments and greeting visitors as they enter the office. Office Greeters usually enjoy connecting with others through hospitality.
- General “ Handy Man” – 2 hours weekly, must have own vehicle and DL, insurance – pick up donation items and supplies and move them from one office to another. Some lifting abilities required and must be able to drive your own vehicle.
- Volunteer Coordinator – (10 hours weekly) – Help us connect volunteers with people who are willing and able to help us help other people. Preference given to experience with churches and other volunteer organizations.
- Gift Cards – 5 – valued at $25 for Gas (Chevron, Walmart, Etc.) for Volunteers
- Copy Paper – 1 case
- Shield Bearer Night at the Theater – Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 7pm, Texas Repertory Theater – John Steinbeck’s “Of Mice and Men” performed by a very talented company. Tickets are complimentary. See website for more information.
- Celebration of Hope Dinner – Tuesday, November 11th, 6-7:30pm; Bammel Church of Christ – Inaugural event will be a night to celebrate those who have helped Shield Bearer begin and all of those who have given of their time and talent to provide hope to over 12,000 people annually. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281.894.7222.
TOMBALL PREGNANCY CENTER
- $50 Lifeway Christian Store Gift Card – to purchase gifts for women attending Abortion Recovery Bible Study.
- Day Minder – At-A-Glance – Four-person Group Daily Appointment book.
- Auction Items – valued over $150 for February benefit dinner.
- Restroom Supplies – for clients: Toilet paper, (30) paper towels & (100) 3 oz. wax paper cups.
- New Mommy Bag Items – provided to all of our clients with newborns: (25) gifts. Popular items are: $5-10 gift card, lotion, slippers, nail polish, etc.
- Shelves – 2 – Metal to organize garage and store donations. Home Depot $179/each.
- Storage Containers – 13 sets -Sterilite 16.5-Gallon (66-Quart) Latch Storage Box, Set of 6; Color: Blue Eclipse. Sold at Wal-Mart for $55 per set.
- TV Repair – purchased a TV only used a couple of times, and now no longer turns on.
- Copy Machine Maintenance
- Contacts – for catering, party rental (chairs, tables, linens, etc.)
- Professionals to teach group classes. Any single mom’s or dad’s willing to share their success story, about being a parent & working. Can be a one- time class, monthly or quarterly, whatever works with your schedule.
- Consultants – meet with clients & assist with pregnancy test, education classes and direct them to resources. Training is required & will be held in October. Biggest need is on Monday & Tuesday evenings from 4pm – 8pm & Wednesdays 10am – 3pm.
- Boutique Organizer – for Wee Care Boutique, sort through donations brought in, and put items in proper places in boutique or storage bins, hours are flexible.
- Committee members – for benefit dinner, held in February. Attends monthly meeting starting in October through February of 2015. Will assist in whatever capacity necessary for planning of the fundraiser.
- Diapers Size 4 & 5
- Baby Wipes
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels
- Copy Paper
- Manila folders
- Hanging file folders (letter size)
- Benefit Dinner & Auction – February 28, 2015 @ Chandelier Grove in Tomball, Texas.
- Tours can be scheduled for any groups or individuals at any time, just call Center @ 832-559-7817 or e-mail Kelly @ email@example.com.