Aldine Family Hope Center
- Commercial Ice Machine – For after school program. Need ASAP (New or gently used)
- Field Trip T-Shirts – 120 – with printing, various sizes for 2014-2015 after school program and teen enrichment academy. Need ASAP (New)
- Face Painting Kits – 40 – Large, for our community Literacy Carnival on Saturday, October 11,2014 Need by Sept. 30th (New)
- Storage Cabinets – 2- Metal, Locking, 36x24x72, for our Teen Enrichment Academy. Need ASAP (New or gently used)
- Commercial Grade Cookware to prepare dinner for our Annual Thanksgiving Dinner. 16Qt & 24Qt Stock Pots, 12in., 14in. & 16in. Fry Pans, multiple sizes of Sauce Pans, Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls and ¼ size Aluminum Sheet Pans. Need by Sept. 30th (New or gently used)
- Display Mannequins – 5 -10 – for our resale shop. Need ASAP (New or gently used)
Family Place & Foster Care Programs
- Dish Sets & Glasses/Cups for new Family Place families. Two sets of each needed ASAP. Please consider both, adult and kid friendly plates, cups, etc.
- Computer Desk for a new resident at Family Place-Conroe who would like a place at home to study and do her schoolwork. Needed ASAP.
- Washers and Dryers– 2 of each, for new Family Place residents. Electric dryers, please. All standard size. Help with delivery is greatly appreciated. Needed ASAP.
- Fall Party Goodie Bags -20-30 – for Family Place and Foster Care families. This event is tentatively scheduled for late October. Popular items include: candy/snacks, small toys or party favors, stickers, activity books/crayons, etc. Bags needed by October 15.
- Food Baskets/Grocery Gift Cards – 15- for Thanksgiving – Family Place families. Food baskets can include: turkey or ham, green beans, potatoes, stuffing mix, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, etc. Needed by November 19.
- Power Washing at Conroe office property. Our exterior cinder block fence, driveway and other areas could benefit from a good power wash. Please be able to provide power washing equipment. This opportunity is for professionals or volunteers with appropriate equipment/skills. Time and date is flexible.
ALL Buckner volunteers must now register and sign up for volunteer opportunities through our online volunteer system. Contact Cari Latimer with any questions concerning this process. The volunteer website is: www.buckner.org/volunteer. Search “Houston” for our local opportunities. The following opportunities are posted there:
- Male Mentors (Age 25 -35) for Teen Boys (ages 14-18): Aldine Family Hope Center – 2 adult male mentors needed to help encourage teen boys in our Teen Enrichment Academy Program. Mentor should have good communication skills and patience. Mentor must be able to keep the teens engaged with activities (sports, games & meetings). Need 1 mentor on Monday & Wednesday and 1 mentor on Tuesday & Thursdays. Asking mentors to consistently volunteer 2 hour shifts, twice a week (4:30pm- 6:30pm). Mentors will need to complete our Volunteer Registration Form online at the website listed above and contact the Aldine office to schedule an appointment at (281)449-4828.
- Resale Shop Volunteer (Female or Male Age 25 & Up) must be able to lift 25 pounds, climb, bend, pull and sit or stand for long periods of time: Aldine Family Hope Center – Volunteers are needed shop to help sort, hang, organize and stock clothing and household items. We are asking volunteers to consistently volunteer 2-4 hours per week between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:00pm, Mon-Fri. Volunteers will need to complete our Volunteer Registration Form online the website listed above and contact Mary Chong (resale shop manager) to schedule an appointment at (281)449-4835 or our main office, (281)449-4828.
- Childcare for Foster Care parent trainings. Many times, potential foster parents need help with childcare during the training required to become a certified foster family. These trainings typically occur on weekends. Must be at least 18 and pass criminal background check, etc. Conroe
- Clerical help for Foster Care. Filing, organizing, etc. This volunteer opportunity occurs during office hours (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday). Training provided; must be 18 and pass criminal background check, etc. – Conroe
- Gardening at Conroe office property. Planting flowers, maintaining flowers beds, etc. This opportunity is appropriate for individuals or groups and the time/date is flexible. – Conroe
- Power Washing at Conroe office property. Our exterior cinder block fence, driveway and other areas could benefit from a good power wash. Please be able to provide power washing equipment. This opportunity is for professionals or volunteers with appropriate equipment/skills. Time and date is flexible. – Conroe
- Gasoline gift cards for Family Place families. All of our residents provide their own transportation and the cost of gasoline is sometimes a hardship for them.
- Paper products and cleaning supplies for Family Place families. This includes paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, baby wipes, all purpose cleaners, laundry detergent, etc.
- Refrigerator with Ice Maker (One for employee/volunteer break area)
- Conference table seating 10 (for board meeting area)
- Office Chairs 10 for conference table in board meeting area
- Copy machines in good working order (Two – one for administrative area and one for client services area)
- Microwave Oven (for employee/volunteer break area)
- Fax machine/desktop copiers (Two – one for Nurse Manager and one for admin area)
- Physician’s exam table ( for performing ultrasounds)
- Office desks and chairs (Five – for staff offices)
- Silent Auction donations – For ourFall Fundraiser on October 9. Popular items are tickets to sporting events, theater or other community events, restaurant certificates, bed and breakfast stays, etc. Also certificates for a product or service are great as well. Need ASAP.
- Printing company to print our quarterly four page newsletter, in addition to office supplies and promotional materials. Must be willing to provide services at cost or at a reduced rate.
- Personal Tours available by appointment. Please contact, Mona Parish for more information.
- Dolly/Hand Truck – for transferring donations from donors’ vehicles into the Resource Center. Need ASAP.
- Used Vehicle (car or truck) for one of our clients. A family of 5 living in a motel room. Need ASAP.
- Paper Products (plates, cups, napkins, plastic silverware) for our Second Annual Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving Day. Need by November 15.
- Flashlights – for our clients on the street as night begins to fall earlier.
- Strategic Plan Expert – to help us put together a plan and a course of action.
- Printer – For fliers and banners – at a low cost.
- Fundraising Strategy Expert – to assist us in fundraising.
- Office and Pantry staff – 3 hr per day commitment. 1-5 shifts per week. Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:30am to 12:30 pm and Thursday from 4pm to 7pm. BILINGUAL a blessing!
- Client Management Staff – with social work background/experience to help our clients navigate the “system” and, in turn, help CFHH become more effective with donor dollars. 3+ hrs per week. We schedule clients according to volunteers’ availability.
- Shelf-stable milk
- Canned pasta, soup, meat.
- Dry pasta, beans, rice
- Paper products Toilet paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels.
- Gallon-size Zip-Loc bags to pack street bags.
- Gift Cards. Preferably Wal-Mart or Kroger. Given to clients for gas.
- Metro cards – given to clients for transportation
- We welcome “ride-alongs” when we do outreach – on Mondays and/or Wednesdays. If anyone is interested in doing this, contact Gwen Franke at email@example.com.
- We also offer tours during office hours.
- We can facilitate scout groups holding meetings at our office and packing street bags as an activity.
HPOT Turkey Trot Fun$raiser will be Nov. 1 at 10 am at Northland Christian High School. We need:
- Gift cards valued at $100 each – 10 – for First place prizes; one for winner of Individual Walker, one for Individual Runner; four for Team Walkers (4 people), and four for Team Runners (4).
- Gift cards valued at $50 – 10 – for second place
- Gift cards valued for at $25 – 10 – third place.
- Goody Bags – 200 Items – for participants’: pens, discount cards, office supplies with your advertisement on it, fitness items with your advertisement, fall seasonal items, candy, coupons for services, snacks, etc. This is an opportunity to show you support Home Place of Texas and to advertise your business or charity.
- Teams to participate! $25 gets you a t-shirt and lunch on Nov. 1 at Northland Christian High School. Prizes will be given for best costume too!
- Sponsorships $250 – 10- to cover the cost of t-shirts. All sponsors will have their name/logo printed on t-shirts and be named on our website and in a flyer.
- Runner Counters- to count runners’ and walkers’ laps, 9:30-12 on Nov. 1
- Servers to help with silent auction and serving lunch, 9:30-12 on Nov. 1
- Set-up & Tear Down to help set up tables and clean up from about 9-1 on Nov. 1
- Receptionist – half day a week to answer phone, make copies, sign in visitors, and do simple clerical tasks. Hours are M-F 9-4 so 9-12 and 1-4 would be working hours. There is an application and background check. You will receive training.
- Copy paper and ink
- toilet tissue; paper towels; napkins
- plastic ware; paper cups
- notebook paper
- Solar Lights – 16 – for our Prayer Garden as well as our path to front door.
- Extension Ladder – 12’ can be used or new. Need it to reach our T12 light fixtures on cathedral ceiling.
- Trash bags Large, heavy duty, 33 gallon, black
- Trash bags Large, heavy duty, kitchen
- Mattress Pads – 10 – New, Twin Size, Quilted
- Ironing Boards – 2 – with covers
- Shark Vacuum – Hand held- to use on stairs and furniture
- Construction teams who want to help finish our Children’s Activity Building;
- Fence Construction – Professional or Volunteer team to build new wooden fence – ours is falling down on the west side of property
- Laptops (Windows 7 or 8) – 3 – new – for use at the Food Pantry ministry at the Gano Center.
- Printer – Wireless, New or gently used – for the Joy Center.
- Document scanner (sheet-fed for documents, not flat-bed for photos) for our Admin office. New.
- Lawnmower – for the Fletcher Center for yard work at the center and at our neighbor’s homes.
- Light bulbs – 12-24 – fluorescent T8 – for our Admin Building.
- Upright vacuums – 3 – (industrial preferred), 1 for each of our centers. New.
- Plastic Tables – One 6-foot & one 8-foot, white table -for ministry use at the Gano
- Tablecloth covers – 5 rolls – plastic – for Senior Adult ministry and after school programs at Joy Center.
- Hobby Lobby gift cards to purchase craft items for Children’s and Senior Adult ministry at Joy Center. The total amount needed for all supplies is $300.
- Lawn service for all 4 properties either at a reduced price or donated.
- Lift operator and lift are needed at the Fletcher Center to change numerous light bulbs in the gym.
- Power Washer – volunteer needed to power wash the exterior of our Admin building. We have a power washer and the work can be done at the volunteer’s convenience.
- Unload food deliveries – 1-2 volunteers needed to unload food deliveries for the Food Pantry at Gano on Monday’s from2-3pm.
- Food Pantry Helpers – 1-2 adults needed to work in the Food Pantry at Gano on Wednesday mornings from 9am-noon.
- Disposable Diapers & Pull-ups – 100 – sizes 3, 4, 5, 6
- Infant clothing – sizes up to 24 months
- Socks & Underwear – for Children – all sizes
- Deodorant – 100 – Women’s
- Music Instructor for children ages 4 to 13; provide piano lessons and/or develop a children’s choir. Availability would require late afternoons or on Saturdays and would be for 3 to 4 hours per week
- Volunteers to help in our newly remodeled Thrift Store. 1-2 days a week for 3-4 hours a day, All positions needed from Cashier, Stock room, Intake Sorters, In-kind donations. Requirements: some retail experience and customer service orientation
- Volunteers to help with Child Care for children ages 2-13, Evenings and Weekend Events/ 1-2 hours once a week, month or one-time events, Great project for Girl Scouts and youth groups that are 14 years and older
- Loofas – 40 – Small for New Female Client Goodie Bags
- Crayons – 40 – Small For New Child Client Goodie Bags
- Toys – 40 – Small (ages 3&up) for New Child Client Goodie Bags
- Step Ladder – 3’ or 4’
- Family Movies – DVDs – G Rated for reception area
- Journals – 40 – for New Female Clients and Teens
- Hand Truck – Personal/Travel Size – Folding
- Laptops -2 – Windows 7 – new or used
- Office Desk Chair – adjustable with arm rests
- eBay Auctioneer – (2 hours monthly) – Enjoy an active experience on Ebay? Consider helping us set up a nonprofit auction site and post items that are donated but we cannot use to be auctioned online as a fundraiser.
- Delivery Driver – (2 hours weekly, must have own vehicle and DL, insurance) – Pick up donation items and supplies and move them from one office to another. Some lifting abilities required and must be able to drive your own vehicle.
- Office Greeter – (Weekly commitment for Volunteer to choose 1 or more of Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. 3PM -7PM shift, Must be 18yrs or older) – Use your gifts of hospitality in welcoming clients to their appointments and greeting visitors as they enter the office. Office Greeters usually enjoy connecting with others through hospitality.
- Volunteer Appreciation Event Coordinator – (4 meetings of 2 hrs each between now and end of October. Experience preferred) – Do you love throwing parties and are you gifted with attention to detail? This might be the right fit for your talents.
- Volunteer Coordinator – (10 hours weekly) – Help us connect volunteers with people who are willing and able to help us help other people. Preference given to experience with churches and other volunteer organizations.
- Gift Cards – 5 – valued at $25 for Gas (Chevron, Walmart, Etc.) for Volunteers
- Copy Paper – 1 case
- The Marriage Makeover Retreat for Couples – September 12-13, 2014. Windwood Presbyterian Church, 10555 Spring-Cypress Houston, TX 77070. We are proud to be partnering with N’Rich Marriage Ministries of Windwood Presbyterian Church to bring the Founder and President of Hope for the Hurting Home, Dr. George Kenworthy, to Houston for this incredible 2 day retreat for couples. Dr. Kenworthy uses scripture to help show how marriage is sacred to God. By applying biblical principles to marriages, the result brings couples closer and creates a marriage that glorifies God. Topics such as “How to Make the Honeymoon Last,” “Contract for a Good Clean Fight,” and “Freedom of Forgiveness” will be presented. Registration is $100 per couple. Childcare available. For more information call 281-378-4040.
- Monthly Community Breakfast – Tuesday, October 7, 9-10AM. Shield-Bearer Central Office, 12345 Jones Rd, STE 285 Houston, TX 77070. Our free monthly community breakfast is a great way for potential volunteers, employees or supporters to come learn more about this ministry. Discover the story behind the Shield-Bearer name and hear what God is doing through us to serve those who would otherwise be turned away. Find how you can join in Shield-Bearer’s mission. RSVP to events@ShieldBearer.org or 281-894-7222.
- Personal Supplies – for clients: Toilet paper, (30) paper towels & (100) 3 oz. wax paper cups.
- New Mommy Bag Items – provided to all of our clients with newborns: (25) gifts. Popular items are: $5-10 gift card, lotion, slippers, nail polish, etc.
- Shelves – 2 – Metal to organize garage and store donations. Home Depot $179/each.
- Storage Containers – 13 sets -Sterilite 16.5-Gallon (66-Quart) Latch Storage Box, Set of 6; Color: Blue Eclipse. Sold at Wal-Mart for $55 per set.
- TV Repair – purchased a TV only used a couple of times, and now no longer turns on.
- Professionals to teach group classes. Any single mom’s or dad’s willing to share their success story, about being a parent & working. Can be a one- time class, monthly or quarterly, whatever works with your schedule.
- Consultants – meet with clients & assist with pregnancy test, education classes and direct them to resources. Training is required & will be held in October. Biggest need is on Monday & Tuesday evenings from 4pm – 8pm & Wednesdays 10am – 3pm.
- Boutique Organizer – for Wee Care Boutique, sort through donations brought in, and put items in proper places in boutique or storage bins, hours are flexible.
Diapers Size 4 & 5
- Baby Wipes
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels
- New Life 5K & Kid’s Walk – September 13, 2014
- Tours can be scheduled for any groups or individuals at any time, just call Center @ 832-559-7817 or e-mail Kelly @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Complete Needs List here: Sept Complete Needs List PM